The Emerald Archive

This is an open prompt role play site where you create the story, the world, and the rules of your thread. No limits and everything comes from your imagination.

Staff

Top posting users this month

Latest topics

» The Time World: A Journey Across Time and Space
Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:16 am by Kriemhild

» The Old World: A Rising Shadow [private]
Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:18 pm by Silim

» The Foreign World [Private]
Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:32 pm by Serenity

» The New World [Private]
Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:51 pm by Serenity

» Kamen Rider Spirits [Private, 1 spot open]
Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:08 am by Silim

» The Modern World [Private]
Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:04 am by Serenity

» Kamen Rider Spirits Campaign Discussion
Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:59 pm by Raiki

» The New World [Plot Discussion]
Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:56 am by Kriemhild

» The Closed World [OPEN]
Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:11 pm by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 191 messages in 20 subjects

We have 8 registered users

The newest registered user is abojama

Inuyasha Alternate Universe: The Bakumatsu Period AU - Discussion Edition

Serenity
    Head Admin

Inuyasha Alternate Universe: The Bakumatsu Period AU - Discussion Edition

Post by Serenity on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:21 pm

Inuyasha Alternate Universe: The Bakumatsu Period

Thread Rules
    1. Adhere to the site rules as stated here: Site Rules
    2. Replies do not need to be extremely long. Instead, keep them condensed and avoid fluff and useless information. Posts can even be one or two sentences long if there isn't anything a character would do or say.
    3. Keep extremely short 2-3 sentence replies to a minimum. If this is repeated, you've done something wrong with your character. Social interactions are going to be strong in this thread.
    4. Posting Headers/Images are allowed as long as they're not massive.

Current Setting: The world of Inuyasha. Demons, Half-Demons, and Humans exist. This time, it's about 250 years in the past instead of 500. The year is 1864. With the advances in technology and guns becoming more popular, even the all powerful demons realized that guns and larger weaponry like that were hard to fight against. Their race was being wiped off the planet and many of them went into hiding. Noble demon families were the first to hide and protect themselves from the coming doom. Over the years, demons have become a rarity and some humans wonder how many still exist. Half-demons are even more rare than they were in Inuyasha's time.

Prompt: 250 years ago, Naraku was said to be defeated. His body was destroyed and all evidence of his existence vanished, including the curses he placed on people like Miroku. The completed Sacred Jewel had also vanished as per Kagome Higurashi's final wish. Some how, the Sacred Jewel has made it's reappearance in "Higurashi Village", formerly known as Kaede's Village. With it's survival and it's power emanating throughout the land, a demon claiming to be Naraku and sharing his well-known baboon disguise attacked the village and slaughter many, anyone who fought back. Those who survived only did so because they fled or were not there at the time. It's been a week since then and the news of "Naraku's" return is spreading like a plague, informing every village, army, and even demon that exists. He's back.

Players: 2-5 people. Preferably not the the smallest amount.

Playable Canon Characters: Shippo
    Dead/Unplayable Canon Characters: Any character not named above.

Added Characters, Rules And Other Clarifications:

1. No more Half-Demons. We already have one. (Thank you Silim!)
    2. Full-Demon Female, Racist toward humans. (Me)
    3. La Racist toward Demons! (Tsubine)

Demons are very rare, yes. Powerful demons are the ones that remain, yes. What doesn't exist are those pathetic swarms of demons that were commonly used as expendable tools during the actual Inuyasha series. This means that demons powerful enough to have a humanoid form are what still have the ability to wander around. Many of the more powerful people have also been slain.

My Character: Female. The only biological full-demon daughter of Sesshomaru and whoever he may have later chosen as a wife.

Last edited by Serenity on Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:50 am; edited 3 times in total

Silim
    Corporal
    Corporal

Re: Inuyasha Alternate Universe: The Bakumatsu Period AU - Discussion Edition

Post by Silim on Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:57 pm

I've always been a big InuYasha fan! I'd love joining as a half-demon, if that's alright with you. Half-Kitsune, to be exact. Male, bit of a trickster, possibly some shape-changing abilities to pass as a human so he doesn't get to inspect the wrong end of a gun barrel.
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:00 pm

Hahaha. Yes. Inuyasha was the first anime that I understood was actually anime. I don't count pokemon and all that shit. Best. Thing. Ever.

Sounds good to me. Don't forget the night/day/time he loses his powers since that is a half-demon thing.

ADDITION: If someone can get an idea for it, playing a character that survived the village attack would be nice. It's not a necessity, but it's a thing. Otherwise, it'll just be an NPC.
    Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:00 am

Inuyasha and Shinsengumi-era Japan? Sign me up pronto! This is totally where I bring in Kenshin Himura

While Inuyasha wasn't the first real anime I got into, it was really influential on my early anime days. I've loved it—it's one of the few series I actually have manga volumes of.

You already know I love this idea, and I've been brainstorming a character since I saw this. And you know what this group needs? A racist. Sorta. He used to be in the mindset of "All demons are bad, kill them all," but something changed recently (maybe he was one who survived the attack, but a demon saved his life afterwards) and he's starting to think that genocide may not be right answer. Associating with your characters (at least Serenity and Silim's, since they have demon blood in them) would also prove to him that some of them are okay. I also imagine him being stubborn, but terrible with directions—a cruel fact that your characters would quickly learn.
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:05 am

Note: My character is Sesshomaru's daughter. She takes after Dad quite a bit, including the "Humans... foolish creatures." part. You won't be the only racist there. And remember that demons are rare. Half-demons are even more rare than that. For your character to have a racist mindset towards demons, they'd had to of had some sort of contact with things that are in hiding.

Also note that the ones that are in hiding are not weak. They're ones that are powerful enough, intelligent enough, and have enough resources to stay hidden and survive.

Also, Prompt Updated With Taken Character Ideas.

Silim
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Silim on Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:21 am

Googling a bit about Kitsune, folklore seems to be that they're fox spirits who became what they are due to worshiping the full moon. So I'd think New Moon could be my character's powerless time, since its the farthest removed from the 'origin' of Kitsune powers.

As for his 'instinct' trigger, aka losing all humanity temporarily and losing any sense of reason: I'm thinking the basic "oh god I'm about to die" is as good as any.

Since Kitsune are far more oriented towards mysticism than wolves like InuYasha, I'd also guess my char wouldn't be quite as strong as that (still probably stronger than a human), and rely a bit on mystic magic instead of just strength when he has to, such as shapeshifting as stated earlier, as well as foxfire and minor nature tricks, such as making a sudden gust of wind create a distraction through whirling leaves.
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:43 am

UPDATED PROMPT: ASK QUESTIONS IF YOU HAVE THEM
    Inuyasha Alternate Universe: The Bakumatsu Period

Thread Title: Shikon No Tama: A Legend Continued

Thread Rules
    1. Adhere to the site rules as stated here: Site Rules
    2. Replies do not need to be extremely long. Instead, keep them condensed and avoid fluff and useless information. Posts can even be one or two sentences long if there isn't anything a character would do or say.
    3. Keep extremely short 2-3 sentence replies to a minimum. If this is repeated, you've done something wrong with your character. Social interactions are going to be strong in this thread.
    4. Posting Headers/Images are allowed as long as they're not massive.

Current Setting: This will take place in the world of Inuyasha. Demons, Half-Demons, and Humans all exist, but any demon based race is actually very rare. The year is 1864 and guns are on the rise. No matter how powerful, it's even difficult for even the most powerful of demons to dodge a bullet and they began realizing this years ago. Many of the more powerful demons with resources all went into hiding, realizing that the humans were becoming a growing threat. Humans reproduce like rabbits in comparison to demons, so the growing population and advances in weaponry have made it more difficult for demons to wander the world without the threat of death. Minor demons, the ones that used to travel together and swarm in the sky and forests, are practically extinct or very, very deeep underground.

Prompt: 250 years ago, Naraku was said to be defeated. His body was destroyed and all evidence of his existence vanished, including the curses he placed on people like Miroku. The completed Sacred Jewel had also vanished as per Kagome Higurashi's final wish. Some how, the Sarcred Jewel has made it's reappearance in "Higurashi Village", formerly known as Kaede Village. With it's survival and it's power emantating throughout the land, a demon claiming to be Naraku and sharing his well-known baboon disguise attacked the village and slaughted many in what seemed a blind rage. Those who surived only did because they fled or weren't there. It's been a week since then and the news of "Naraku's" return is spreading like a plague. People are informing every village and army: He's back.

The thread will start off near or within Higurashi Village while those who returned or survived the attack are rebuilding their homes and burying their dead.

Players: 2-5 people. Preferably not the the smallest amount.

Races/Positions Available:
    1. Demon: Taken (Serenity)
    2. Half-Demon: Taken (Silim)
    3. Human: Taken (Tsubine)
    4. Human: Open
    5. Human: Open

My Character: Aira: Click Here.

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:38 pm

So my character idea is slightly different now. He's not going to be AS racist as he was before. Instead, he's a kannushi, which is a male shrine priest (think male Kikyo or Kaede). But he wasn't from the village "Naraku" attacked. But he survived the attack. He was traveling from one shrine to another, and found himself in there. He was traveling with a go-shintai, which is basically the "holy item" that shrine has, a sword from his shrine. And he thinks that the sword is "tainted," and that the only way to remove that "taint" is to kill Naraku. Maybe the sword ends up getting abilities later on, or maybe it's just in his head—I can leave that to you.
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:54 pm

Hm. Alright then. I like this idea. Go for it. I'll even think up things that have to do with that sword. Maybe later it'll come into play. Who knows? "Naraku" might want it!

Note: If people want to RP 2 characters, they can. It is possible that, to fill out a nice group and if more people don't join, I will create a second character to for this.

Last edited by Serenity on Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Silim
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Silim on Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:09 am

Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:51 am

Nicely done on the character profile. Isn't it awesome to not have to get any major approvals? It's such a relief for me. Being able to jump right into a story idea is so much better... Lol. I'm hoping for one more person/character to join into this and will give a short amount of time for it to happen. If it doesn't, I will start the thread up by Friday.

Silim
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Silim on Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:17 am

I know exactly what you mean, this makes it a lot easier to get to the GOOD part of actually RPing. Looking forward to the start, though I also hope we get another one to join us before then!
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:41 am

This prompt is officially closed. The thread will be put up soon. Thank you Silim and Tsu for joining.

Any questions during thread should still be asked here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:30 pm