The Emerald Archive

This is an open prompt role play site where you create the story, the world, and the rules of your thread. No limits and everything comes from your imagination.

Staff

Top posting users this month

Latest topics

» The Time World: A Journey Across Time and Space
Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:16 am by Kriemhild

» The Old World: A Rising Shadow [private]
Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:18 pm by Silim

» The Foreign World [Private]
Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:32 pm by Serenity

» The New World [Private]
Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:51 pm by Serenity

» Kamen Rider Spirits [Private, 1 spot open]
Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:08 am by Silim

» The Modern World [Private]
Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:04 am by Serenity

» Kamen Rider Spirits Campaign Discussion
Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:59 pm by Raiki

» The New World [Plot Discussion]
Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:56 am by Kriemhild

» The Closed World [OPEN]
Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:11 pm by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 191 messages in 20 subjects

We have 8 registered users

The newest registered user is abojama

Shikon No Tama: A Legend Continued [Private]

Serenity
    Head Admin

Shikon No Tama: A Legend Continued [Private]

Post by Serenity on Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:23 am

Shikon No Tama: A Legend Continued

Thread Rules
    1. Adhere to the site rules as stated here: Site Rules
    2. Replies do not need to be extremely long. Instead, keep them condensed and avoid fluff and useless information. Posts can even be one or two sentences long if there isn't anything a character would do or say.
    3. Keep extremely short 2-3 sentence replies to a minimum. If this is repeated, you've done something wrong with your character. Social interactions are going to be strong in this thread.
    4. Posting Headers/Images are allowed as long as they're not massive.
    5. This thread is closed to anyone that has not already posted in the plot discussion by this time.

Current Setting: This will take place in the world of Inuyasha. Demons, Half-Demons, and Humans all exist, but any demon based race is actually very rare. The year is 1864 and guns are on the rise. No matter how powerful, it's even difficult for even the most powerful of demons to dodge a bullet and they began realizing this years ago. Many of the more powerful demons with resources all went into hiding, realizing that the humans were becoming a growing threat. Humans reproduce like rabbits in comparison to demons, so the growing population and advances in weaponry have made it more difficult for demons to wander the world without the threat of death. Minor demons, the ones that used to travel together and swarm in the sky and forests, are practically extinct or very, very deeep underground.

Prompt: 250 years ago, Naraku was said to be defeated. His body was destroyed and all evidence of his existence vanished, including the curses he placed on people like Miroku. The completed Sacred Jewel had also vanished as per Kagome Higurashi's final wish. Some how, the Sarcred Jewel has made it's reappearance in "Higurashi Village", formerly known as Kaede Village. With it's survival and it's power emantating throughout the land, a demon claiming to be Naraku and sharing his well-known baboon disguise attacked the village and slaughted many in what seemed a blind rage. Those who surived only did because they fled or weren't there. It's been a week since then and the news of "Naraku's" return is spreading like a plague. People are informing every village and army: He's back.

The thread will start off near or within Higurashi Village while those who returned or survived the attack are rebuilding their homes and burying their dead.

Players: 2-5 people. Preferably not the the smallest amount.

Races/Positions Available:
    1. Demon: Taken (Serenity)
    2. Half-Demon: Taken (Silim)
    3. Human: Taken (Tsubine)
    4. Human: Taken (Serenity) This Second Character Of Mine Will Come In Later.

My Character: Aira: Click Here.

Thread Start: Aira's Introduction

Three Days After Initial Attack

"This can't be real." The Princess of the Western Lands and daughter of the Great Dog Demon Sesshomaru and the Snow Demon Kahoko, Aira. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. She leaned back back and closed her eyes as she tried to comprehend it. "Father told me stories of him, but my Father said he was defeated... I refuse to believe it." "Milady... News is spreading throughout all the lands. Do you not think this rumor is at least worth checking out." "My Father said he was defeated!" she shouted in anger, standing from her throne. "Yes, Lady Aira." The servant left the room quickly, bowing out. "He has returned." Aira's closest friend spoke up. "You can't ignore this. To do so would dishonor your Father's legacy. Make sure the demon your Father defeated is dead. Do not let anyone call him a liar." Aira narrowed her eyes and sighed.

The door opened and Aira stepped in an old dusty room she hadn't seen in years. She stepped to a stand that held up multiple weapons. There were four of them, in fact. The first was her Mother's Staff. The second belonged to her half-demon uncle, Tetsusaiga. The third belonged to her Father, Tenseiga. And the final was also her Father's, Tokijin. It wasn't a hard decision for Aira. "I'm sorry, Father... I know I promised otherwise, but... I must take up your sword. It will bathe in the blood of the one who dares insult your legacy." Aira grabbed onto the hilt of the powerful demon sword, Tokijin, and slid it into her belt. Tokijin now had a sheathe, unlike how it was when her Father last fought with it. She walked out of the old war room and was handed her own staff. "Lady Aira... Would you like to be accompanied to the village?" "No. I will do this on my own."

Present Time

The village had been mostly destroyed, but those who survived were now rebuilding it. Aira watched from what was once called the Inuyasha Forest, now known as the Higurashi Shrine. Over time, the area had been leveled and used for resources, but all construction and destruction of the forest stopped at the Sacred Tree. It seemed like everything within the village was attacked, except anything near the Sacred Tree. Aira watched curiously and in disgust as the humans all worked. She kept to the shadows, hiding herself behind the Sacred Tree while she watched them. She would observe for now, watching and listening for any information she could gather from this weak and foolish creatures. There was one thing she was specifically looking out for, something her Father had warned her about and was the reason for demons' hiding. A "gun".

Tsubine
    Admin

Re: Shikon No Tama: A Legend Continued [Private]

Post by Tsubine on Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:49 am

Oshiro Kannaougi

"Let this man's soul rest peacefully." The bandaged Oshiro finished a prayer, his left arm wrapped in a bandage. His face had small knicks from debris, and he seemed like he was in pain. And yet he did not once complain about it. "Hopefully that is the last burial rite I shall perform today," Oshiro murmured under his breath.

Oshiro had been here when the village was attacked. On his left hip, the sword that brought him here sat bound and sealed. He let the family of the man that was just put to rest leave first, and then he apologized to the man. "Although I am of the Shinto priesthood, I was not able to protect your life from that of a maddening demon. I can not apologize for that act, but I will live on with the weight of my failure. Please accept that as an offering and pass on." Oshiro turned around and gazed at the ashen village. It was impossible to tell what was what anymore.

The priest began to walk towards the village in an attempt to help, but an older man carrying a freshly-cut plank of wood stopped him. "Kannaougi-sama," the man pleaded, "please rest. You have put three of our men, two of our women, and one of our children to rest today. You are the only one capable of doing such a thing here. Let us rebuild our village."

The man had lost his family in the attack, and Oshiro could understand why he'd want to do this on his own. Oshiro wanted to sigh, but didn't. He instead nodded—a false, empty smile on his face. "I will rest then. If you need help with your rebuilding, please find me. I will be glad to assist." The man nodded in agreement and walked away. Oshiro did sigh this time, and turned towards what little remained of the forest.

The Shinto priest looked at what was left of the forest. Well, there wasn't much of a forest in the first place. The only real tree nearby was the Sacred Tree which served as a guiding post in the city. There was a stack of lumber about twenty yards away from the Sacred Tree. He decided that would do for now. The priest slid two boards back and took a seat on the lumber. Oshiro slowly removed the sword on his hip and laid the sword in his lap. He stared intently at the sword, as if he were trying to communicate with it...

Silim
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Silim on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:40 am

Well, wasn't THIS depressing. It was one thing to hear about villages razed by demons, or to talk to those who survived the - admittedly rare - encounters with them... But seeing it firsthand made the stomach of the half-demon turn, watching from the security of some shrubbery near the sacred tree. Something about that tree made his hair stand on their edges - probably the whole thing about being 'sacred'. That reminded him of the one time where he had accidentally touched a sealing charm on some old wayshrine - never before had he felt such a strong shock.

But that wasn't why he was here, of course. This was a terrible scene, yes... But why should it matter to him? The smell was easily the worst part, but in the end, humans weren't that important to him. They could be happy to even reach his age, and he himself could easily last for another century or two. Best not to get attached to any of them. Still, if he wanted any information on the jewel and on this 'Naraku', he had to get close to them... He needed at least a direction. The jewel would be HIS, no matter if he had to go against some full-blooded demon that had stolen it to get it!

Closing his eyes and focusing - which was harder than it should've been thanks to the proximity of the sacred tree - Kirai changed shape. With a 'poof', his fox-ears disappeared, replaced by normal human ears, and his tail was nowhere to be seen - good, so being close to the tree didn't disable his magic. Now THAT would've been a problem. It was only now that he saw a priest sitting down on some logs near the tree... Interesting. If anyone knew something about the Shikon no Tama, it would be him, right?

Sliding back into the underbrush, Kirai decided that it would appear less suspicious if he approached the village from one of the actual paths leading to it, and so he looked around to find one. Easier said than done, though - with the village being in the state it was in, recognizing what was a pathway and what wasn't turned out to be quite hard for someone not used to traveling on actually set paths. To him, this all looked like piles of trampled earth.
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:56 am

That one wasn't as weak as the others. Aira could sense something coming from him, but what was it? She wasn't particularly fond of the aura that weapon was giving off either. Avoid that one. Then the scent of demon hit her nostrils. No, half-demon. One of them was here? Why? Aira had always had mixed feelings about half-demons. Her Father and Mother gave her very mixed signals when it came to them. Oh well. That didn't matter. What mattered was that the half-demon was not far from her at all. As it came closer, she jumped into a tree above her and hid behind the trunk. It walked under her and was apparently interested in the human she chose to avoid. Could it not feel the strange power coming from that one?

"Foolish human blood in him must be rattling his mind." she thought as she suddenly felt eyes on her. She turned around and noticed a woman and her young child staring in fear up at her. "Shit. Spotted." The three shared a moment of stares when Aira finally just turned away and ignored them. Apparently, this caused them to scream their lungs out and alert the villagers. "DEMON! THERE'S A DEMON IN THE TREES! THEY REALLY ARE RETURNING!" The mother screamed as she and her daughter ran into the village. "Mm." Aira stood still and thought. What exactly should she do? Should she step out and reveal herself so she could ask questions or keep hidden and see how these creatures react to her presence?

"This is already more complicated than I thought..." Luckily for her, the non-specfic words the woman used was actually leading the other humans away from her and toward the half-demon. "This should be interesting."

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:07 am

Oshiro Kannaougi

Oshiro continued to stare at the weapon. Izumino, the short name for the sword, was the Kannaougi shrine's go-shintai. It was effectively the vessel the kami of the shrine would use in its brief visits. Oshiro had been tasked with taking it to a swordsmith five villages over for maintenance. Now though... He had to undo the taint of the demon "Naraku" before he'd be able to do anything of the sort. It was unworthy of being his shrine's go-shintai at the moment.

Oshiro's concentration was broken when he heard someone scream "Demon." The priest snapped up, and drew three warding talismans from his robes. He kept them primed as the sword was tucked back onto his waist. Oshiro ran to where the crowd was starting to gather and pushed himself to the forefront. He looked around and didn't see anything. He kept those three talismans ready. He scanned once more, nothing.

Thus came his last option. He called out to it. "Demon, reveal yourself. If you are searching for the Shikon no Tama, then I must inform you that it is not here. Leave this place or be destroyed." Oshiro was hoping the demon would believe him and be on its merry way. He nor the villagers were in any condition to fight off another demon...

Silim
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Silim on Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:23 am

Startled foxes were known for being very fast... And half-kitsune weren't an exception to that rule. A startled scream of 'demon' from nearby was enough to cause him to whirl around in confusion and shock - had someone both seen him AND realized that he wasn't human?! How?! His disguise should be perfect! No ears, no tail, his eyes looked human, his claws... Wait, where those large enough to be recognized as something else than fingernails?! Diving into a bush and hiding quite well, Kirai of course had no idea that nobody had meant him with the scream of 'demon'.

And in addition to an angry mob now heading towards him, the priest did the same thing. Oh, great - just what he needed! A holy man to slap some sort of binding charm on him! Well, NOW not being a full demon was actually useful... He couldn't actually get banished with holy magic, but it would still hurt. But if he had anything to say about it, it wouldn't come to either.

"W-wait! Hey, just wait a second!"

Stumbling out of the underbrush with a few twigs stuck in his hair and clothing, Kirai looked around between the people of the village and the priest, trying to look as confused as posible. "I'm no demon! What, can't you tell a traveler from a monster now?" Waving his hands around frantically, Kirai hoped right now that this priest didn't have the ability to detect demons, or he'd be in deep trouble. He had to stay cool, keep his head in the game, sound convincing, and resist the urge to blast a load of foxfire at everyone and run away. There was already enough burnt smell here without him adding to it.
    "I was looking for some herbs over here! I heard people got injured in a demon attack, and I know my way around a few soothing plants. But if you don't WANT help..."
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:04 am

This was just as interesting as she thought it'd be. Aira jumped again, landing like a feather in the tree above them. She wasn't noticed, so she watched the humans as they were distracted by the little half-breed hiding himself. His skill was quite impressive, especially for a half-demon. "No, no!" A little girl shouted out from behind her Mother. It was the same child that had spotted them before. "It was the lady! It was the lady with the white hair!" the girl shouted. Aira decided to make her appearance and leaned forward so the child and anyone else could see her hair and glowing red eyes within the shadows of the forest.

"There, there! Look! Demon!" The child pointed above them all and everyone was finally able to see the female demon that sat in the tree above them. She held two weapons: A sword at her waist and a staff in her hand. She had a crescent moon with a snowflake in the middle of her forehead and when she smiled wide enough, her demonic fangs showed quite clearly. "Good afternoon, humans." she spoke out in an authoritative voice as she stood on the branch. "I care not for the Shikon No Tama, but instead the one who claimed to take it. Is it true that he claimed himself to be the long dead half-breed Naraku?"

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:19 am

Oshiro Kannaougi

Had Oshiro been more rested, he should have been able to tell right away that the man from the underbrush was at least somewhat demonic. But alas, that ability was gone at this moment. Oshiro stared at the young man. He seemed to be somewhat in charge right now. The entire village looked to Oshiro for guidance right now. No pressure. Nope.

Oshiro sighed and put his talismans back within his robe. "Although your help would be appreciated, everyone here is on edge. It would be best if strange—" And that was when the child pointed out that they were wrong.

Oshiro's head whipped up to see the scarlet eyes dancing merrily in the shadows. And this one, he could feel. Oshiro dug deeper into his robe and pulled out a single talisman—one much more potent than the little ones he had before. He pointed it at her, and he kept his bandaged left hand on Izumino. Despite her being a demon, Oshiro could admit that she did look good. But that was their charm. Demons, at least the ones still alive, rarely looked anything but good. He would have to do research one what the markings on her face meant, but that would have to wait.

Oshiro called out to her in an equally authoritative tone. "I do not remember if he claimed to be Naraku. But I do know that, if legend serves, he wore the suit of a white baboon like Naraku. It seems hard to believe that someone would take up that specific disguise randomly." Oshiro narrowed his eyes, his arm still extended with the talisman at hand. "Why are you searching for that one, demon? He is not here, I can assure you that."

Silim
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Silim on Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:45 am

Thankfully, the priest seemed none the wiser about the half-demon that had just stumbled out of a brush. Good, then maybe he could get closer to him by offering some help, he had to find a way to track down the jewel... And while his quick lie had been quite far from the truth, he COULD use nature magic to find just the right herbs to treat a few burns or cuts for sure. That plan, however, fell apart before he could even set it in motion, as a girl cleared up the misconception. So nobody had even spotted him?!

The question as to who the 'woman with white hair' was answered itself pretty quickly, by her suddenly appearing virtually right above him. Kirai yelped - a bit more fox-like than he liked - as he suddenly heard her voice and whirled around, keeping an eye on her as he backed away to right behind the priest slowly. How had he not noticed her?! He could've sworn he was suddenly catching a whiff of either dog or wolf here - the aura, not the smell. That symbol on her forehead, the good looks that seemed out of this world... Yeah, this woman was a full-on demon alright. But... she claimed to not care about the Shikon no Tama?! What kind of demon DIDN'T want to have that incredible source of power? There were only very few things that Kirai wouldn't do to get his claws on that thing. It was his ticket to eternal life, after all.

"A demon not interested in the Shikon no Tama... yeah, right. I want you to repeat that when you have it right before you." Standing safely behind a priest brandishing a strong protective charm, Kirai had no trouble openly questioning this demon. She couldn't exactly lunge for him without getting past said charm, after all. "I thought you dog demons had good noses. There isn't anything demonic left in this village besides yourself, so would you kindly leave? You're scaring the children here." And you're scaring the crap out of me, too. Adding that last one mentally, Kirai just hoped she would poof away right now. That he had just given away that he knew what kind of demon he had in front of himself, though? Completely slipped his mind. To him, recognizing the signs of just what he was dealing with had been hammered in through long hours of study under his own demonic mother.
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:23 am

Aira's attention was brought back and forth between the human and the half-demon that spoke to her. She smirked and stared directly into the eyes of the half-demon. "Those who seek the jewel are known to be weak. They need more power because they cannot face a demon like myself... Or they're in desperate need to become full-demon." Aira's stare hardened just a bit. She knew his secret and could hold that over his head, if he didn't want to be branded a liar and chased out of the village of course. Humans were petty and stupid. When they find out they've been fooled, it was possible they'd react violently.

The confident smile Aira held grew even wider as he called out her bloodline. "I am indeed a demon from the line you speak of. I am the demon of the line you speak of, actually. The others have fallen to old age, battle, or sickness. And you're correct about another thing, young one, I can smell everything I need to. I can sense that the one you're hiding behind has a unique power as well, one normally lost to the humans of this era..." Aira leaned forward and glided down to the ground. She treated her staff similar to a walking stick at times, so she leaned onto it. "Interesting weapon; There are not many like it. Quite a treasure, I assume?"

"Now, I have spoken honestly when it comes to my interest. I am only hunting the demon who claimed to be Naraku. Now, since it is a very old legend and you humans don't live very long..." She glanced knowingly toward the half-demon, "Do you understand what that name brings? Do you know the legend? Have you heard the tragic history that that demon caused... even to this village over three hundred years ago?"

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:57 pm

Oshiro Kannaougi

Although it didn't show, Oshiro was frightened. He wasn't going to let his fear show now. He didn't have a choice. It was either stand up to the demon or risk the entire village's life. As she glided down to the ground like an autumn leaf, Oshiro wanted to back away. Instead, he just tensed up and kept his arm outstretched. "It is. It is also nothing you, nor anyone of your kind, will ever touch." He spoke with the firmness of a rock, if not a diamond. He would die before letting a demon handle his shrine's go-shintai.

And yet, this demon didn't attack. "I know some of the legend. I am not of this village, so I do not know the whole legend." Oshiro inhaled deeply. "What I know is that this village, along with many others, suffered great loss thanks to him and his insane lust for the Shikon no Tama. I know that there was reportedly a half-demon that assisted in the chase after him. I know that he grew more powerful over time, but so did his pursuers. However, he has not been a subject I have specialized in, so that is all that I know."

And then, Oshiro arched an eyebrow. It was as if a puzzle piece fell out of the box while he was shaking it. "...are you trying to stop the one that attacked this village? Because he seems to be the long-dead Naraku?" Oshiro's voice was riddled with confusion. Why would such a demon do this? This was getting stranger and stranger...

Silim
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Silim on Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:14 pm

Kirai narrowed his eyes when the female demon quite clearly called him weak, even if the humans nearby obviously didn't know that. But what was he supposed to do? He couldn't exactly call her out on her bigotry, not without giving himself away... But so far, she wasn't giving him up either, even though she clearly knew what he was. Perhaps she wasn't all that bad... especially her words about being 'THE' demon of her line made his anger subside a bit. That was... a terrible fate, to be the very last one. Sure, his clan didn't exactly like Kirai, but at least he HAD a clan. A clan with dwindling numbers, but a clan nonetheless, and he was actually of similar noble birth to her in that case - just that his father had been a human.

"You really ARE the kind of woman my mother warned me about... though I expected worse. My condolences about your family." Shaking his head slightly with a small smile, Kirai had to be careful not to give away too much while standing right behind a priest that could clearly call upon sacred powers. But priest or not, he wasn't going to forget ALL of the manners his mother had taught him, and there were precious few demons left in the world. Goo perhaps for mankind, but he wasn't human and would never be human.

As the explained about the legend and her reasons for coming here, Kirai felt her glancing over to him once more. Well, while he was probably the oldest in this group aside from her, he was still FAR younger than this legend, so hearing an account of it from the priest was interesting. He only knew the faintest of hints about the Shikon no Tama... mostly how it apparently held enough power to make a half-demon into a demon. That it had actually been the central object of such a major conflict was news to him... But that Naraku was the name of a half-demon was actually encouraging. Taking the jewel from another half-demon should be a lot easier than stealing from a real demon, after all.

At the priests confusion, Kirai himself stepped forward a bit now, standing next to him. He was still quite afraid of standing face to face with a dog demon - from what he had learned, their line was known for INSANE strength - but he wasn't going to show open fear. That just wouldn't be becoming of a demon. "Demons don't ask useless questions... So you probably are after him, for whatever reasons you might have. But you DON'T want the Shikon no Tama..." Not finishing his thought, Kirai just gave a small grin. That was actually perfect. An angry dog demon could probably rip Naraku apart, and then he could snatch up the jewel for himself! Of course, he'd actually have to keep up with a demon in that case. "Well, priest, take it from someone who has traveled far - telling a demon where to go so they leave you alone is always a good idea. You wouldn't want to keep this lady here any longer than you need to, right? So, where did that 'Naraku' disappear to?"
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:14 am

"There is no one alive today that can tell you what happened then. I do know, however, that it all started in this village. The Priestess that once protected the jewel was slain by Naraku, who was disguised as the half-demon she had fallen in love with and in doing so, pit the two against each other. The half-demon was sealed to a tree and the Priestess died and burnt the jewel with her body." Aira explained to these humans, reminding them of their own history, "Fifty years later, a girl came from a time that we have not even experienced and brought the jewel back into this world. In doing that, she released the half-demon, shattered the jewel, and later allowed it to fall into Naraku's hands. Like many weak half-demons, Naraku wanted to become full-demon and thought the jewel would aid him in doing so. He failed, was defeated, and the jewel was said to be destroyed. And yet... if the claims are true, the Shikon No Tama has returned... as has he."

"This will not do..." Aira's eyes narrowed in anger. Though she was looking at the priest, she wasn't looking at him. Her mind was focused elsewhere. Her attention was brought back to the priest as he asked her about Naraku. "I will destroy him. No filfth claiming to be a wretched half-demon long destroyed will be allowed to live." The half-demon in hiding spoke up about telling her what she wanted to know. It was obvious that he wanted the information himself too. "I will still be looking around." Aira walked passed them and toward the destroyed village. She stopped and lifted her head to sniff the air. "Hm..." There was something in the air that smelled familiar. She began walking toward one of the few buildings that hadn't been completely destroyed and stopped. Her head snapped around toward the forest again. "Tell me, priest. Is that weapon just for show?" At that moment, a man with red eyes, fangs, and dressed in brown furs stepped into view.

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:17 am

Oshiro Kannaougi

Oshiro was intrigued that this woman knew so much. Especially about this legend in particular. It was as if it had something to do with her. Oshiro did arch an eyebrow when she spoke of weird time travel shenanigans. "I am not of this shrine, so I can not say whether or not the jewel's return is true."

What Aira said next shocked him. His eyes widened a little. She... wanted to destroy him? She didn't want the Shikon no Tama? She just... wanted to kill "Naraku?" Next you'll be telling him that the other young man here is a half-demon and that humans will one day fly in sky canoes. And even with such outlandish claims, he wanted to believe her. Wait, dammit. That's not right. Demons do that. They get into your mind. Oshiro nodded in the direction the one claiming to be Naraku fled in. "He fled in that direction. But he could have changed direction upon getting out of sight of the village. I was pulling who I could out of burning buildings."

As Aira walked towards him, Oshiro kept the talisman aimed at her. As she passed, the paper crackled with sparks as it reacted to her power. It's never done that before... Oshiro thought. He kept a few paces behind her, out of the reach of her staff. When her head snapped around, Oshiro barely had the calm not to hit her with that talisman."It is not for show, but neither was it designed for killing."

Oshiro took a step to the side to not completely expose his back to the dog demon. He looked at the man with crimson eyes and fangs. Dammit. Another demon? "This village should relocate. It might stop some of these demons from finding it..." Oshiro murmured under his breath. "Demon, stop where you are! There is nothing you want he—" "Silence, filth."

"Why don't they ever just stop?" Oshiro complained. He threw the talisman, which exploded into light as it neared the demon. That wasn't supposed to happen either. That talisman was old, and was more of a warning to any demon that came across a priest of the Kannaougi. The paper itself gave out before the magic thankfully, because the talisman's magic was still bright enough to cause the demon to turn away—even if for a second.

With a small prayer, Oshiro sighed. The seals on Izumino's sheath lifted like leather straps and the priest drew the holy sword. He thought he could feel the sword in a way that surpassed the physical representation of the blade. "Demon, this is your final warning. Stop. There is nothing for you here." Oshiro spoke with a commanding tone, the blade in his hand holding steady.

Silim
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Silim on Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:23 pm

This was all incredibly interesting to Kirai. Hearing more about the jewel meant he would know more about any possible dangers while trying to claim it... And what was more, it gave some insight into this dog-demon's personal investment. Because unless she had incredibly good memory, why would she know so much about one of the many legends of the land? Furthermore, a priestess with a half-demon lover... Now, wasn't THAT a juicy little detail.

Much like the priest, the half-demon in disguise followed the female demon, though unlike him, he didn't seem to be ready to strike at any moment. For one, his speed couldn't compare to hers anyway, and he didn't even own any weapons - would be hard to draw something he didn't even own. The best he had were his claws.

"Destroy him... Well, if your legend is true, then you've got your work cut out for you, lady. So do you plan on doing alone what took a group last time? Quite the task..." While he didn't say it outright, Kirai was clearly offering his assistance, or at least as much as a trickster like him ever would. He wasn't as strong as her, but his mysticism was not to be underestimated - he wasn't a true demon, but he still knew magic.

And that turned out to be quite useful when now suddenly another clearly demonic being stepped out. Apparently the burnt smell had really screwed with his nose, to miss TWO demons in such short succession... Or was it the smell of all of the humans that blocked it? He had never really trained his senses, so his tracking abilities were woefully lacking. In fact, the appearance of this new dangerous individual caused Kirai to hiss out loud, clearly exposing his sharp teeth for a small moment, as he did a small jump backwards. Then, it happened - the priest threw his charm and attacked the demon. Well, this wouldn't end well for anyone - the blinding flash of light caused Kirai to instinctively look down at the ground and shield his eyes. It probably wasn't nearly as bad for humans, but to him, this was like staring into the sun.

Now, he had to commend the courage of this priest, but giving the demon a moment to recover - and threatening him - was probably NOT a good idea. Muttering a silent curse, Kirai stepped forward, taking up stance next to the priest - stretching out his right hand, a blue ball of flames suddenly appeared above it, spreading sparkling blue around his hand quickly. Giving the man with his holy sword an aside glance, he also gave him a sharp-toothed grin. The rest of his disguise faded away with the light of his fire - he had fox-ears and a tail again.
    "Just so you know, I didn't lie to you. I'm no demon, but I'm also not human." Looking forward, Kirai made his ball of blue flame grow in size slightly, before continuing in a whispering tone so the demon hopefully didn't hear him. "Don't fear my foxfire. It only burns what I want to burn."
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:58 pm

Aira was silent. The demon who showed himself was not someone she knew, but definitely someone she heard of. He was a Wolf Demon by the name of Genji and could only tell by the marking on his left shoulder. Aira could tell what he was by the smell. Wolf Demons were dirty pack-animals that slept in a cave without any sort of civility. The priest used some sort of power she did not understand and caused her to squint her eyes and turn away slightly. The flash did startle her and cause her eyes pain similar to a sudden brain freeze, but it faded as quickly. She scowled and watched the two, surprised at the half-demon's reveal. "So your a fox." she said. "Should have known with the illusion magic emanating from you. I'm surprised you chose to reveal yourself." At this point, most of the villagers were fleeing. They hid in the few huts that stood, ran into the forest, while others hid behind piles of lumber. They really just hid wherever they could find.

"Anyways..." Aira turned back to the intruding demon. "Genji of the Northern Wolf Tribe, correct?" The demon snarled at Aira and growled. "Who's asking?" "That is none of your concern. I already know who you are. The real question is, why are you here? I take the news has reached you as well?" Genji moved into a fighting stance as if he was ready to charge. "Who's asking?" Aira rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Stupid wolf. If you're not going to answer my question, be on your way. Your smell disgusts me." Aira flipped her hair just enough for the crescent moon and snowflake on her forehead to be revealed. Genji's eyes narrowed further, but his scowl faded. "I know you... You're that little Princess that keeps hidden away in the Western Mountain." he said in a condescending manner. "I am." she replied uncaring to his implied insult, "Knowing who I am and who you are, I understand why you're here."

"Tell me... Are the rumors true? Is this demon actually him or is it false?" Genji scoffed and put his hands on his hips and turned away. "Why would I answer that?" Aira narrowed her eyes. "You moron! If it is indeed Naraku, it is the same demon that slaughtered how many of your clan years ago? Isn't he the reason the Wolf Clans were forced to combine in order to have your lines survive?!" Genji glared at her angrily and stomped his foot in the ground. A few stones crumbled beneath the strength of his foot. "Enough! I will find out whether this Naraku is the real thing or not. And when I do..." He pointed at Aira, "I suggest you keep that tiny pampered ass of yours out of my way!" "Ah. So you know nothing. Figures. I'd rather not kill you right now. In the future, you could be useful in taking this being down, so before you say something you'll regret... Leave." Aira narrowed her eyes, but Genji only smirked. "You really think you can take us?" "Us?" And then two more wolf demons made their appearance behind him....

Aira sighed. "You did just offer your assistance..." Aira glanced toward the half-demon. "For this moment, I take it. It's been quite a long time since I've fought..." Aira spun the staff in her hands and stopped in her fighting stance, pointing the end toward him. As if activated, the end formed into a snowflake and Aira's powered aura was revealed. The area around became a little colder and the wind picked up. "You sure you want to do this, you pathetic scoundrel?" "Ahahaha! Kill the bitch!" Genji shouted and they ran forward. "If you want to protect what is left of this village, priest... I suggest you FIGHT!" Aira swung her staff out toward the charging wolf and slammed it into Genji's stomach, sending the leader back into the forest. His body slid along the ground, leaving a thick trail of moved dirt behind him. "You take care of these morons." Aira ran forward with inhuman speed and jumped over the other two, charging Genji again...
    Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:00 pm

Oshiro Kannaougi

Great. Another one. Oshiro didn't react. He didn't have the luxury of ranting how horrible this week has been. Instead, he focused on the newly-appeared demon. Apparently his name was Genji. Great to know. Not really. But, Oshiro did enjoy the white-haired woman's snappy comeback. Princess? Western mountains? Oshiro had heard rumors of a powerful demon whose castle was hidden deep within the west mountains.

Unfortunately, this Genji was not only uninformed—he was an idiot. Two more decided to appear. So it was a trio vs a trio. Wait, why was Oshiro teaming up with the demon and half-demon?! Bah, he didn't have time to think about it. "I didn't draw this blade for show. He didn't seem as outwardly civilized as you do." His tone implied that he didn't believe that demons were civilized at all. She just seemed to have just slightly more control than the ones he had encountered.

"If your fire harms me, half-demon," Oshiro didn't look to Kirai, "I will not hesitate to cleanse your spirit." Oshiro was, in fact, telling Kirai that he would cleanse the demon out of him. Which meant that he'd kill him.

One of the demons, a large-eyed idiot, decided to charge at the priest. Oshiro sighed, took a step back and quickly drew another talisman, throwing it—and it landed a good five feet in front of the incoming demon. "Ha! You missed, stupid hum—" Then the demon slammed face-first into a wall of dirt about six feet high. It quickly faded back down, covering the dazed demon. "Do not underestimate the versatility of a priest's sutras." Oshiro was already on the move when the wall appeared. His long legs took him over to the demon quickly, his sword flashing in the sunlight as he swung at the wolf demon's torso.

Silim
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Silim on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:41 pm

Great, a wolf demon. No, not a wolf demon... three of them. Kirai shot a short smirk towards Aira when she commented on his illusion magic. He loved it when people found his magic comparable to that of other foxes... it happened rarely, but it was still his ultimate pride.

What followed was some banter between the wolf and dog that Kirai followed, blue flames still circling his hand. She really was the dog princess from the mountains... From what Kirai knew, his clan didn't owe fealty to hers - so they had no attendant at her castle. Understandable - in a way, the Tsumagi were nobles as well, even if their numbers were dwindling. Not that it meant much here - if the dog princess didn't intimidate this wolf, then a half-blooded kitsune that had no place in his own clan wouldn't either.

Then, the inevitable happened. The wolves were readying to attack... And the dog princess actually called for his assistance. Kirai blinked with confusion for half a second - no demon had ever asked him for help, no matter if he offered it or not. In fact, nobody had ever asked him for help with anything - what a strange, tingling feeling... of course, she still wanted to face their leader alone. And really, the halfblood was just fine with that - this way, he could perhaps show this priest that he really was no danger. He didn't enjoy being feared in any way.

Said priest proved himself quite effective right away, attacking with a charm that made the attacking wolf faceplant right into a wall. Kirai would've found that hilarious, had he not been busy with his own fight for his life. The third apparently wanted to take on the 'easiest' target, heading straight for Kirai.

"Back off!" With a rather shrill yell, the half-demon threw forward a ball of blue flame, and the demon simply laughed, jumping over it to head right for him - probably planning on slashing him down with his claws. "Been a long time since I last ate a fox!" But before he could land on Kirai, the frightened expression on his face... switched out for a cocky smile. Sidestepping the wolf, he whispered something in a melodic sound - not a real 'language', so to say, but an enchantment of the earth. And as the wolf landed, trying to whirl around and go after the fox... he found his feet suddenly entangled by a countless number of small plants sprouting.

Pulling both his hands back behind his own back, knowing full well that a minor spell like that wouldn't trap a real demon for long, Kirai lashed out at the wolf, throwing forth brilliant blue masses of fire to completely engulf and encircle the wolf. While doing so, he shouted: "Don't you DARE look down on the Tsumagi! Foxfire!"
    Now, he just hoped that his fire was actually enough to burn this wolf badly enough to incapacitate him. Never before had Kirai used his blue flames to directly attack an opponent. While they gave off no heat at all - rather, much like the demonic aura of the princess, they made the air around them slightly cooler - they still burned on contact, cold burns that could sear the life-force out of a demon just like normal fire could.
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:43 pm

Aira's fight ended up quite a distance away. She repeatedly sent Genji flying backwards and deeper into the forest. This did a couple things. It forced him away form his allies, gave her the upper hand, and brought him farther from the village. Though her intentions behind this were unknown, once they got to a certain distance, Aira brought the top of her staff down over Genji's shoulder and could feel the bone crack beneath the weight. He shouted in agony, the roar echoing through the trees, and Aira stopped her assault with her staff at his head. He winced, thinking he was going to be hit again, but that final blow never came for him. Instead, when he opened his eyes, she was just staring at him with a dull and uncaring look in her eyes.

"Listen here, wolf. Right now, you and I have a similar goal: Naraku. As long as your intention is to destroy him, whether for the jewel or some other reason, I will not kill you. You may prove useful in the future." Aira explained. Genji held his arm up to relieve the pressure from his shoulder and glared angrily at her. "Why should I trust you, stupid bitch?" Aira pulled her staff back and set the bottom to the floor. "Find your own reason." Aira turned away from him and began her way back to the village. It had been a couple minutes since she left the human and half-breed to fight, so she was curious how things would be when she returned. Part of her wanted them both dead so she could continue with her mission unhindered by their antics.

[Note: Go ahead and finish your fights any way you want. If you want them dead, that's fine. Want Genji to come in and stop them? That's also fine. Have fun with it.]

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:11 am

Oshiro Kannaougi

The strike was practically spot-on. The rough hide armor the wolf demon wore was no match for the precise swing. Blood began to flow out from his split torso, his rib cage sliced open. It was a miracle that he hadn't died with the initial swing. No. It was a curse. Oshiro winced as he knew what he had to do. This man's rib cage was split apart, and one of his lungs was potentially cut. It would take regenerative powers not found in weaker demons like this one for healing him to be an option.

As the wolf demon staggered back, Oshiro began muttering a chant. It was him asking for protection after killing this creature. He was not asking for forgiveness. He wasn't sorry. The chant was meant to be an offering to a nearby kami so that ill would not fall upon him for doing such a thing. And then, he swung again. The demon's head did not fly off. It leaned slightly back and Oshiro quickly darted backwards. Blood spat out from the demon's neck as he quickly bled out.

Oshiro swung the blood off of his sword and turned to see how the fox de—half-demon was doing...

Silim
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Silim on Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:23 am

The smell of burning fur was unbearable, as were the screams of the wolf demon. Kirai had to hold himself together, or he would've probably thrown up right then and there - using the beautiful magic of his mother for something THIS crude and brutal felt wrong on so many levels that it made him dizzy. He had no time to even look at the priest and his fight, and just hoped that the kami he prayed to would be on his side for fighting off a demon today.

Finally, his concentration broke, and Kirai did a quick step backwards - the wolf falling to the ground, flailing blindly and rolling around. His body was covered in rather ugly burns - there were virtually no hairs left on him. Sure, he was a demon, but that would leave permanent marks for sure... Looking up at the fox that had just humiliated them, said fox saw something he definitely didn't expect to ever see from a demon towards him - fear. Still, the wolf demon growled, trying to get back on his feet... Until Kirai flicked his right hand upwards, creating a small ball of blue fire, causing the demon to wince and crawl backwards.
    "It really is a shame, you know. If you hadn't hurt my people and gloated about it, perhaps I could even let you go. There's few enough of us at it is." With a pained sigh, Kirai focused his last bit of power into the brilliant blue flame above his hand, and the eyes of the wolf widened. "I-I was j-just t-t-taunting y-you! Please! Don't!" Enlarging the flame a bit further, Kirai's facial expression hardened. "Swear on the blood of your clan that you'll stay away from this village, and from any foxes for the rest of time. And if you break it..." "I swear! I swear it!"

With a flick of his hand, Kirai made the blue fireball explode right next to the wolf demon, causing him to yelp like a little dog that had just been kicked like a ball. "I just placed a curse on you, wolf. Go back on your word, and burning alive will seem like the NICE alternative. Now, disappear from my sight."

Watching the wolf finally scramble to his feet and run away into what remained of the forest filled the half-demon with some satisfaction, as he turned around to see the other wolf cut down by the priest. Messy, but expected... His own threat to the wolf had been empty, of course. He couldn't cast curses to begin with, and curse an entire wolf clan? Even his mother would've encountered some problems with that. Thankfully, scaring the living crap out of someone made them believe the strangest of tales - he really, REALLY should've killed that wolf, but he didn't have enough magic power left to do that. He would've had to use his claws... And Kirai was a bit too much of a gentle soul to cut someone open with his hands right here and now. His steel-hard facial expression melted away almost instantly, and he looked quite glad that this was all over for the moment.

"Nice work there, priest. Seems you can stomach a kill much better than me. I bet that guy thought you'd be the easier target." Winking at the priest, the half-kitsune walked back up to him, seemingly not concerned at all about the blade the priest was still holding. "I never thought I'd see a human actually halfway decent with the usage of magic. You sure there's no fox blood in your line? You know, many half-kitsune in the past didn't show as many obvious signs of what they were as I do." He couldn't help teasing the man, and what he said was true - the children of foxes and humans weren't even always true half-demons. He was probably a special case because of who his mother was - she wasn't just ANY fox, after all...
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:34 pm

Aira stepped from the forest without a mark on her. Her hair wasn't even out of place. She was impressed to see that this half-demon and this human were able to subdue the demons that came at them. Whether the wolves left alive or not did not matter ot her. Genji was gone, that was the important part. Aira stepped up to them and the other villagers. "Demons like those you just witnessed will be much more active now that the Shikon No Tama has made it's reappearance. Some will be more powerful and much less agreeable as well. I assume you have some plan as to take care of this? Though, if you're equipped with guns," she spoke as if confused and unsure what the item was, "you will probably be able to deal with them without issue."

"However, that is not the least of the worries that will now plague you humans... This demon that claims to be Naraku. He was able to destroy most of the village with ease and from what the rumors say, made it out without even a scratch on him..." Aira crossed her arms, "This is not surprising. The stories I've heard of Naraku describe him as cunning and manipulative." Aira sighed and leaned against the pole of the staff she fought with. "What other information do you have? You've already given me a direction. Anything else?" Aira glanced toward the sword that the human had and then to the half-demon fox. She was curious about both of them, but not enough to ask. "Alright, I'll be off then." she said and turned away once they finished speaking.

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:01 pm

Oshiro Kannaougi

"Priests nowadays usually are easier to kill. And a demon is a demon, and it is my job to make sure that they do not get too rowdy. And if they do, I cut them down." Oshiro's tone was distant and cold. Probably colder than whatever the bitc—dog demon could produce. "No, I'm sure that I do not have any fox demon blood in me. There was the legend of an ancestor falling for a yuki-onna, but that's about it." Of course, said legend wasn't true. It was just one of those familial legends that didn't mean anything.

Oshiro began to actually clean the blade of Izumino with a white cloth, making sure not to miss a single drop. Oshiro stopped and tensed when he heard the rustling of underbrush. Thankfully, it was the more civilized of the two demons that made it out. Unfortunately, this meant that she was also more powerful. Dammit. He listened to what Aira had to say with an intense look. He still didn't know whether to believe her. "I don't have much else to offer. He went that way, ransacked the entire village, and that's it."

Oshiro started walking behind Aira. "If you truly meant what you said—that you don't care for the Shikon no Tama—then I," his voice grew tight as he forced out "nice words," "will accompany you to reclaim it. I have a feeling that going with you, there would be a much better chance of me surviving an encounter with the one calling himself Naraku." Besides, you're a dog. You must have a better nose, right? It's a good thing he only thought that. "And it'll let me make sure others like that one," he pointed a thumb to the half-demon, "don't get it either. I think it'd be in our... 'collective' interests if no demon or human got it. You can remain on your "throne" or whatever, and I make sure that we don't get another incident like this one or the one centuries ago."

Silim
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Silim on Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:46 pm

Much like the priest, Kirai started following after Aria as she returned. He himself didn't know anything about this 'Naraku', but unless she outright tried to forbid him to follow, he'd stay right behind her. A fox following a dog... something about that seemed quite wrong, but hey, he needed the Shikon no Tama, so he was in no position to complain. Not to mention that she was apparently very powerful - it was always useful to have someone powerful with you when hunting mad demons...

"No fox blood, huh? A shame, really. I could've introduced you to some nature spirits on the way if you had some connection to them." With a shrug, he kept a careful eye on the sword at the priest's side. He wasn't sure if he felt actual power coming from the blade, or if it was the priest himself - as he said, most priests weren't powerful warriors, and this man had shown skill with talismans AND a blade... His words towards Aria, though, caused him to frown, for the first time since revealing his true form. Why was everyone so hell-bent on getting in his way?!

"Hey, priest, 'this one' has a name. I'm Kirai Tsumagi - got it memorized? Then again, you humans wouldn't know a noble demon house from name alone... So I guess I can forgive you. My family is probably the last noble Kitsune clan around." Giving a clearly chilling chuckle, the fox demon nonchalantly cleaned out his claws a bit. "If you think I want that jewel because I'm a vain bastard, then well... I may be a bastard, but I'm not vain. I don't want the Shikon no Tama permanently, you know. I'll turn myself into a full demon, then you can go chuck it into a river for all I care. I've already got everything I need, you know? Magic, good looks, and the good sense to not want anything to do with humans who despise my kind. Really, all I'm missing is my full blood."
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:47 am

"Excuse me?" Aira looked back to them both when she realized what was going on. She watched the two bicker for a moment and then silenced them. "ENOUGH!" she stepped closer to them, asserting her authority. "Who gave either of you permission to accompany me? I said nothing of the sort. Do not tell me anything. You ask it, or is being human causing your manners to equal human frailty? And you," She snapped her eyes over to Kirai, "The human blood in you has caused you to lose your ability to comprehend basic etiquette among your superiors? Noble or not, a clan of demons who dabble in mating rituals with the lesser race of humans will never have the standing that they once had. Know this and understand it as it is because that will not change. You are a half-demon, a tainted and weaker creature of mixed and dirty blood, and until you are able to retrieve the Shikon No Tama and change, you should do good to remember it."

Aira's anger faded and she took a step back, regaining the calm and collected composure she usually stood with. Even with her anger showing, there was an amount of control that many humans could not show or even expect a demon to have. She took in a deep breath and looked calmer toward Kirai. "Though that surprises me. It's not often that I meet one willing to lose his mind for the sake of power." Aira turned from them both and began walking away, "I have no need for any of you. I can find and defeat Naraku on my own, so if you wish to keep your lives, following me is not a good choi-..." Aira stopped in her tracks. She stood still for a moment, thought to herself, and looked back to the two. "I will make you a deal. Treat me with the respect that I, Aira of the Noble Dog Demon Clan, deserve and demand... And I will allow you to accompany me and will aid you in this quest." She smirked at them both. "It's probably the only way to succeed in your mission anyways."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:44 pm