The Emerald Archive

This is an open prompt role play site where you create the story, the world, and the rules of your thread. No limits and everything comes from your imagination.

Staff

Top posting users this month

Latest topics

» The Time World: A Journey Across Time and Space
Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:16 am by Kriemhild

» The Old World: A Rising Shadow [private]
Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:18 pm by Silim

» The Foreign World [Private]
Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:32 pm by Serenity

» The New World [Private]
Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:51 pm by Serenity

» Kamen Rider Spirits [Private, 1 spot open]
Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:08 am by Silim

» The Modern World [Private]
Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:04 am by Serenity

» Kamen Rider Spirits Campaign Discussion
Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:59 pm by Raiki

» The New World [Plot Discussion]
Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:56 am by Kriemhild

» The Closed World [OPEN]
Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:11 pm by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 191 messages in 20 subjects

We have 8 registered users

The newest registered user is abojama

The Old World: A Rising Shadow [private]

Silim
    Corporal
    Corporal

The Old World: A Rising Shadow [private]

Post by Silim on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:32 am

The Old World: A Rising Shadow

Thread Rules
    1. Adhere to the site rules as stated.

2. Replies do not need to be extremely long. Instead, keep them condensed and avoid fluff and useless information. Posts can even be one or two sentences long if there isn't anything a character would do or say.

3. Keep extremely short 2-3 sentence replies to a minimum. If this is repeated, you've done something wrong with your character. Social interactions are going to be strong in this thread.

4. Posting Headers/Images are allowed as long as they're not massive.

5. Your character might die, or fall to darkness. While not ENTIRELY combat focused, this story is a very literal 'good versus evil' one, and the heroes don't always succeed. If you happen to die, you can possibly be brought back to life or join with a new character, just talk to me about working something out.

6. Every character is expected to have some sort of magic power, even if it manifests in them being just a better fighter than humanly possible.

7. Your character can be part of any high-fantasy race you can think of. Go ahead, give me a headache with your quarter dragon half griffon quarter caustic ooze. Just remember that you have to actually RP whatever you are! ... But nothing that would somehow allow you to create/control two characters at once. That would break the campaign.

8. Special Player Ability: Legend Pitch. Whenever a big problem arises, you, as a player, may suggest an old legend that can and will help out. Be it an artifact, a legendary old mage, or just the fact that the big evil castle has a secret entrance that was forgotten. Every player starts with one Legend Pitch, and if your pitch is good, it'll be restored after usage. Legend Pitches can be stopped by a majority vote, or, in hopefully very rare cases, me as the adventure runner. Stay somewhat reasonable and this will never happen, even if what you suggest is crazy - you're playing in a crazy world.

Registered Players and their character names:

• Serenity (Eiletti)
    • Tsubine (Valdbaste Eilsana)
    • Kriemhild (Empress Tomoe)
    • Silim (Tenryu, various other NPC roles)

The Old World: Endtimes

The old world was descending into chaos. Everyone knew that by now. Wars were still raging on the entire world - some countries still fighting each other, some facing the danger from the East.  Resistances sprung up daily in areas invaded by the Rising Shadow, only to be crushed the next day or flee their homelands - there was no unification, no heroes to lead the charge. Just as was foretold, a world that had fallen to violence was now being swallowed by the shadow - such was the natural order of things. The god of the end, Cubia, had awoken.

Yet Aura would not allow this to continue. A pale female figure, wearing a white dress, flowing, long silver hair, and green eyes deeper than any ocean, she stood in her temple to the west - in the city of water, Mac Anu. From this temple, the waters of life flowed out... or at least they once did, before war had consumed the world. Now, Mac Anu was nearly abandoned, the many channels running dry throughout it, and the bridges leading over empty voids now simply filled with a thick, white mist that would not settle at all. The old, once marvelous buildings of the city were starting to fall apart, as Aura stood before what had once been her altar - a huge crystalline marvel from which the waters of life sprung, now it had lost its light - instead of glowing silver, it was dull grey, with a black, poisonous core in the middle.

Turning away from the sad rest of her once greatest accomplishment, the female figure looked over the rest of her temple. The many benches that had once stood here for people to sit on during their prayers had nearly all fallen apart - the big, strong gates were rotten and falling apart. This temple was a ruin... Yet it would be the center of the final stand of the light. Long she had searched for those with the special quality needed to accomplish this task - an impossible task, to stop the end of the world. But now, it was time - and with a voice, so soft and beautiful that it could make grown men weep, she called for each and every one of them.

For the first time in a long while, a blinding flash of white light filled the temple, as Aura called them forth - her four champions of light. They'd probably be disoriented - after all, they had just been ripped away from whatever they had been doing to be transported here, into the land of the goddess. After giving them a moment, she raised her voice again - this time, speaking in the language of the current time. Despite being loud enough to be heard by them all, her voice was soft and warm.
    "Welcome, my children. Do not be afraid - you are safe here, for the time being. I have called you all to my side because you are my last hope. I am... Aura."

To them, she'd appear like she always appeared to humanoids of her world - a woman in white, flowing silver hair, and deep eyes that seemingly reflected no light, but which held the wisdom of untold ages within them. Despite looking humanoid, it was virtually impossible to pin down her race - was she human? Elven? Perhaps an angel, or elemental one? She looked a bit like all of those, yet also like none of them. But besides that, the biggest giveaway of her nature was the slight light that seemed to emanate from her very body.

Last edited by Silim on Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Re: The Old World: A Rising Shadow [private]

Post by Serenity on Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:41 pm

Name: Eiletti (Aye-Let-Eee)

The morning came and a cool swift breeze swept through the village. The area here was unlike most of the world; It was not plagued by war, battle, or the shadow. It was almost as if a light shined here, or a barrier prevented the shadow from penetrating it's peaceful atmosphere. The village was quiet, quaint, and the home of Eiletti. She was always the first to rise and the last to sleep. She cared and guarded this village with the skills she had gained through training with her Mother. Now that her Mother was gone, Eiletti was alone and this was her home. She awoke with the dawn of the new day every morning and left her home, a small house near the town square and close to the church. It was comfortable and really all she needed to live here.

This morning was no exception. She kept to her routine and began her way to the south of the town, toward an extremely large building. The building confused any newcomers, but those who lived here understood what that building was for. She hurried over the small valley that separating the building from the village and opened the two massive doors, using all her strength and weight to push against it. She stepped in and before she got to do anything else, she felt a strange warmth that caused her to lose her breath and she vanished. Within moments Eiletti was somewhere she did not recognize and in the presence of no one that she knew. A woman with a faint glow spoke to them and Eiletti was dumbfounded. Something like this... Why was it happening to her?

"Aura..." Eiletti's widened eyes closed and she pressed her hands together, closed her eyes, and began to mumble a small prayer to herself. "Lady Aura... If you don't mind, why is it you've brought me here?"

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:15 pm

Valdbaste Eilsana
    (Vahld-bah-st Eyl-sah-nah)

The familiar, metal stench of blood covered the land before Valdbaste. He flicked sanguine drops off of his face. Valdbaste didn't care too much for having his face stained with blood. Too many things traveled through blood, and he's seen far too many mages pierce adamantine shields with tiny droplets just like that. He wasn't going to deal with that kind of power. He didn't have time to.

The twinned scars on his face itched as Valdbaste thought on what he should do next. The first thing that came to mind was collecting what gear he could from the rotting corpses. The second was just getting the hell out of here. The third was continuing whatever fight they had lost. The cacophonous roar of unspeakable horrors echoed across the blooded marshland. He could see faint dots along the horizon of men and the roaring horrors fighting.

Valdbaste continued to think, and he decided that this was not his fight and what gear remained was worthless right now. So the half-elf turned away. His scars itched again as the world faded to white in an instant. As the blinding envelope dispersed, Valdbaste's hand moved to draw his sword—reflex. But seeing what laid before him cause his hand to stop. He adjusted his jacket across his shoulders once more, and looked at the other three that looked to be in the same confusion he was in.

When Aura spoke, Valdbaste nearly drew his sword once more. But seeing Aura was different than just hearing her. She looked right. Valdbaste's expression switched to "stoic curiosity" from "stoic caution." The half-elf took note of the other Elf-blooded, and how she prayed. To Valdbaste, praying was futile. Only with hard work can miracles happen. "You must truly be desperate to have someone like me as your last hope." His voice didn't ring out. It ground like sandpaper. Years of inhaling smoke from war fires and tavern dwellers did that. With Valdbaste's annual wise crack out of the way, his green eyes narrowed at Aura. "So things truly are as bad as the soldiers say."

Kriemhild
    Private
    Private

Post by Kriemhild on Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:32 pm

Tomoe: Empress of The High Heaven

On a floating land bathed in the shining light of heaven itself, multiple battles were being waged within a seemingly endless war. Statues worshipping the various gods of the ancient world were desecrated, villages were burned to the ground in flashes of wildfire, as screams of the innocent echoed throughout the flames.

To an observer, this was the very image of hell itself, a place where even the mightiest hero might well wither in fear at the sight before him.

To the Empress of this land, however, such wars numbered in the tens of thousands - no one dared to pass judgement upon the lionhearted ruler for her impassive expression to this miserable scene as it unfolded before her eyes.

After all, this was a common event for the people of her land.

Comrades were lost to this war, her parents were lost to this war, and if she were to falter for even a second, even her own life would be lost.  From her point of view, overlooking her land from an eastern castle high above, she could see her soldiers forming a wall around the royal edifice, prepared to sacrifice their lives as they had done so many times before.  Their heads turned to face their Empress as they awaited her orders. Surviving this hell meant that one had to remain strong in the neverending chaos. Showing any sign of impotence to her soldiers would be the same as outright stating that victory was not within their reach.  

Victory for our Nation! The soldiets shouted proudly, that their voices might reach throughout the ears of the inhabitants of their homeland. Their efforts elicited a proud expression from their ruler. And so, as she had done many times in the past, she prepared to guide her men to battle, to rouse their hearts with a speech of bravery, of hope, of the promise of victory. There was no other outcome, they would participate in this eternal hell until the light of victory shines upon them... and yet----

Something wasn't right here.

She felt her body dispersing into bright light as she was teleported off to far distance place where the gasps and panicked screams of her soldiers and her people would not reach her. When her body reaffirmed itself within the realm of the Goddess of light, an overwhelming sense of astonishment overtook her, her dumbfounded expression upon viewing the temple illustrated how perturbed she was by this unforeseen phenemenon.  

There were two half-elves, one a fair female with blond hair and sky blue eyes who seemed to be reciting a prayer... and the other, a soldier whose expression seemed distant.  At the center, there was a woman whose body was adorned with a heavenly white dress, with long flowing silver hair. She was no ordinary woman - she was a divine image, whose very voice instilled warmth in the heart of the Empress. She stood upward, as she awaited an explanation as to why she was summoned here.    

Last edited by Kriemhild on Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:17 pm; edited 4 times in total

Silim
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Silim on Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:07 pm

Aura looked over her confused children, a pained look going over her face. She had ripped them right out of their lives, away from people who might need them dearly... But if she didn't do this, then her world was doomed. Sacrifice the few to save the many... It hurt, it hurt so much. She was betraying some of her own children, and she wished to die for that sin alone - but now, she had to be strong. These three - would be her heroes. The fourth one... Was the wildcard. That he had even listened to the summon was exceptional - he was one of those who could've resisted easily enough.

First, her eyes stopped on the female half-elf, and Aura gave her the warmest smile she could. Sadly, prayers were no longer enough to solve this crisis, but she certainly appreciated the gesture. What mother wouldn't appreciate her child showing her some love? And while she wasn't the 'real' parent of any of them, all living beings were her children.
    "All will become clear in time, dear Eiletti. I did not chose you by chance."

Her deep green eyes wandered over to the other half-elf... Such distant eyes, such a burden on him. She wanted to hug him and comfort him, but this was hardly the time for it. There was no time for anything, really.
    "It... probably is as bad as they say, yes. My brother, Cubia, he... His purpose has awoken. The shadow of life will devour everything... End the world. That is why I have summoned you all here... Why I had no choice. This may be our last chance to save what remains of the world." Looking down to the ground, Aura once again felt the guilt of ripping them away on her soul.

"Gods are born... with a purpose. Mine was to kindle life... his is to end the world. Despite what you've probably all seen, Cubia is not evil, far from it. My brother, he adores life. Cherishes it, every last second - which is why this is all wrong. His purpose was supposed to awaken at the end of time - when all that remained would be chaos and evil, to end the final struggles with the peaceful end. An end that should be millions of years away, my children." Looking up again, Aura took a step to the side, and pointed at the corrupted crystal.
    "This crystal shows the health of the realm. I believe that this world going mad, everyone being at war at once... Someone instigated it, I am sure of it. Someone insane enough to assume that the end of the world would somehow benefit them. If you can find them, prove to my brother that the world did not fall into the destined chaos - it will stop, I am sure of it. But even if that is impossible - he can be beaten. But only through you, children. If you unite everyone against him." Looking at each of them, Aura gestured into the air - three sparkling white crystals sprung into being in front of them, each adorned with a chain to wear it like a necklace.

"Eiletti. Valdbaste Eilsana. Empress Tomoe. You all have something within you - a spark that is required to walk this dangerous path. When darkness falls and all light dies, you need to stay strong. Take these crystals - they will protect you with the last bit of power that I have." Giving a last, warm smile... Aura's form began to slowly fade and become transparent. "I know... you all have questions. Where to begin, why you... But please... believe in the trust I placed within you. I'll pray for your success..." And with those words, Aura was gone - only warm, gentle gust of air reminding of her presence, with a pleasant smell in it - impossible to place, but nostalgic, like something from one's good times from childhood, or the smell of one's first lover.

Now, the crystals were floating before the three unlikely heroes - waiting for their response to the revelation just dropped on them.
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:18 am

With the words of a god rushing through her mind, Eiletti realized a vision her Mother had seen for her years prior. "I'm... here to save the world." she said only slightly surprised. She took in a deep breath and exhaled quickly as this thought resonated within her mind. She listened closely, but that thought repeated. She was here to save the world. "Mom was right..." Eiletti looked up to the crystal as it began to float. She did not hesitate and was likely the first to reach up for it. She placed her hand under it, her palm barely touching the bottom and allowed the crystal to fall into her hand. "This little thing is going to protect us... I wonder how?" she mumbled only slightly and then looked to the others here. The first was another half-elf. The other was someone she felt like she recognized, but couldn't place it. The last one seemed to just be watching, which was both confusing and a little creepy at the same time. "It seems we will be working together." Eiletti spoke up to the other two, avoiding eye contact with the watcher, "I am Eiletti. I come from Riverwood, a small village east of Falcon River within the Kingdom of Asania..." The village that Eiletti spoke of is quite well known only because some call it a 'safe haven'. It seems the evil has not spread there. "Anyone have any idea where we're supposed to start? ... Or where exactly we are?"

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:46 pm

Valdbaste Eilsana
    "So even gods can be killed," he mumbled. Valdbaste did not believe that he was the right man for this job. Although, he had spent more time in the dark than probably anyone else here, so he had that going for him. He yanked the crystal out of the air, but did not put it around his neck. Instead, he double-wrapped the chain and made a bracelet out of it and tucked it within his sleeve. "She rips us from our lives, tells us we're supposed to save the world, gives us a damn rock, and then disappears. It's like a bad first date." Valdbaste's words were dry and obviously unamused by what had just happened to him.

"If lore is correct, then we're on the exact opposite side of the world that we need to be on." Valdbaste adjusted his coat and stared at Eileti—a hint of suspicion on his face. But that suspicion would be hidden to most. Valdbaste's eyes were the type to force people to look at them. They were a bright blue and had a small glow to them. They were almost spectral—like the blue flames of a will-o-the-wisp. It wasn't a trait known to exist in most normal elves. "So we should probably start by arranging transport to the other side of the world."

The half-elf sighed. "And so we can skip the unpleasantries of someone going 'hey, half-elf,' and then the two of us," he motioned with his head to Eileti, "respond with a 'huh?' I am Valdbaste Eilsana. Where I come from doesn't matter." Those that knew the Elven tongue knew that his name was close to an Elven name—but it wasn't exactly right. It was more rough, more primal. His surname even more so. It would be like someone comparing Standard German and Austrian German. It's close, but just not right. "You're elf-blooded, right?" His gaze met Eileti's. "What kind of elf was your elven parent?" Valdbaste's words were cold and direct. They were like the rope holding a guillotine. If the answer was wrong, well...

"And you," Valdbaste turned to Tomoe, "do not think that your name, title, or anything of that manner matters to me." He spoke harshly, as if he had a grudge against someone like her. Valdbaste didn't know that she was the ruler of a nation, but her aura and clothing gave away that she was nobility somewhere at least. "On the battlefield, your head will come off as cleanly as an orc's." He hesitated. "An orc might be slightly tougher due to their thicker skin."

Kriemhild
    Private
    Private

Post by Kriemhild on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:09 am

Conflict rose within the confines of Tomoe's heart,  as the torrent of myriad revelations were repeated within her mind.  Whereas her expression was hitherto one of reverence to standing within the presence of a divine deity,  merely hearing Cubia provoked unmitigated disdain within her graceful countenance.    

To be sure, Tomoe held all gods of the world in high esteem - after all her people practically worshipped them with a religious fervor, to say nothing of the blessing of Divine Magic bestowed upon her by a Goddess of the Sun.  To believe that such a God as Cubia valued life, however, was far too much to bear.  

Aura was rationalizing the acts of a monster.  Even more appalling was the idea that he presumably valued life, that he cherished it with compassionate love.  And so,  as her mind drowned out the plea to convince her brother that the predestined end was not yet upon them, her mind flashed back to the hells she experienced as a victim of this neverending chaos known as the Endtimes----

Spoiler:

Bodies of dead comrades littered throughout the entire battlefield of Takamagahara,  the anguish of witnessing fatherless children and widowed mothers weeping in agony upon realizing that the men of their house would no longer greet their doorsteps, how they reviled her for allowing their beloved to participate in a war with no conclusive end.

She remembered comrades who even in her most unguarded moments,  compassionately encouraged her to lead them to the light - that is, a definitive end to an accursed war - brutally murdered before her very eyes.  

And the most haunting memory of all....
    The graves of her mother and father,  who she cherished with every Iota of her soul, who stood as avatars of honor and commitment to a cause.  Indeed, they taught her what it truly meant to live as an honorable warrior, as a divine sovereign to lead her brethren to triumphant victory... that was her only purpose.  Robbed of her childhood, she was no longer a woman but an ideal brandishing sword and bow...

Her flashback came to a decisive halt, as the crystal provided by Aura appeared before her out of thin air.  There was a pronounced grimace in her expression as Aura vanished from vision,  leaving parting words of her belief in their ability to emerge victorious within this war.  Exasperated as she was, principles of never questioning the authority of a Deity prevented her from voicing what might well have been a disrespectful rejection towards her plea.  

She would not promise that she would convince a monster to stop its tyrannical destruction of the world; the Goddess of life was asking too much of her in that regard.  The state of her country was still fresh within her mind but if there was truly a way to bring peace to the people of her land, it was none other than this.  

She placed the crystal deep within her kimono as she turned to see Valdbaste voicing his frustration.  First impression? Mincing words was not a strong suit of his.  She respected that.  After all, he voiced sentiments that her nobility would not allow.   Eiletti seemed to be the nicer of the two as she introduced herself after Aura's departure.  

She could potentially be the voice of reason among the group if she so desired.  There was the presence of a fourth hero that she hadn't yet noticed up until now.

However,  as swiftly as she gazed upon the fourth,  Valdbaste directed his attention to Tomoe,  declaring that her royal status meant nothing to him - for as far as the battlefield was concerned, her head would come off as cleanly as that of an Orc.  Tomoe smirked derisively as she replied;

"Indeed, you are correct - noble status means naught else than piss on the battlefield.  Proclaiming how profound one's royal position is when a weapon is poised at their throat is a fool's errand.  There is nary a need to voice the obvious,  for I have experienced, firsthand, how ruthless war truly is.  Ye would do well not to confuse me with such foolishness,  Valdbaste. " When she finished speaking to him, she decided to voice her own proclimation.  

"Albeit we are tasked with working together,  do not presume even for an instant that I require anything but your undivided cooperation.  Miserable as this turn of events may be, The Goddess of life has appointed us with the mission of convincing her brother that the end of the world is not yet upon us.  Even though we may be particiants in yet another hollow war in the name of peace, questioning the Authority of the Gods is not my intention.  Aura revealed my noble status beforehand  - I am Empress Tomoe of Takamagahara.  As you are not residents of my homeland, I do not expect you all to address me with respect - what I desire of you, however, is a resolve forged in steel and the fortitude to face the daunting battles ahead. Those unfit to do so shall meet their inevitable end.  "

She directed these words to those present before her,  even the fourth who had yet to utter a single word ever since his arrival. Harsh as her words were, showing weakness on the battlefield equaled death.  This was a cold reality she had become far too accustomed to.

Last edited by Kriemhild on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:29 am; edited 7 times in total

Silim
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Silim on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:42 am

"Well, aren't you all spirited chosen ones..." For the first time, the fourth figure spoke up, stepping out from his place under a pillar which had a conspicuous shadow above it hiding his figure. Revealed in the light now, the figure was a humanoid male, so much was clear - he had blonde, almost golden hair, flowing down over his shoulders, while wearing elaborate robes, stitched with mystical symbols - yet as he moved some of his hair behind his ears, it was clearly revealed that he was no elf, but he certainly wasn't human. Humans didn't have golden, shining eyes, and they didn't have such stunning beauty right from the first ray of light on them - that was the sign of celestial blood. And while he was lacking the obvious wings of a full celestial being such as an angel, he certainly had the grace of one, stepping through the debris that had once been the benches and idols here in this grandest of temples, stepping closer to the three heroes. And as if his appearance wasn't a big enough eyebrow-raiser, the magical aura around him was at once incredibly powerful and almost nonexistent.

"Aura asked me to help you lot out a bit. I'm Tenryu of the grand mage's guild. I guess you could call me one of her few remaining friends. You need something, you want to know something - ask now. Well, about anything but the 'spark', or reason why Aura wanted you three. If you KNOW what it means, you'll be unable to use it. One of those tricky things about magic. And without the spark, we might as well pack it in and ask good old lord Cubia to annihilate us to get it over with faster." Clapping his hands, the golden sparks of magic appeared around the young mage, and the broken benches and loose stones on the ground were blown to the sides - and a table appeared in the middle of the room, with some comfy looking chairs, and a variety of food on it.
    "Sit down, eat up. I've called a guide for you, since I highly doubt any of you have ever visited the Land of Holy Mists before. You'll need any bit of strength you can get, chosen ones~" And with a chuckle, the young mage sat down opposite to the three chairs for the heroes. While the food certainly looked good, there seemed to be an alarming tendency for sweet and unhealthy foods among them - the kind you really couldn't get freely anymore in this war-torn world, simply because nobody really had the time or peace to make honey anymore, and there were at least three dishes here that used it. "Don't be shy, now~ I haven't got all day~"
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:32 pm

"I know I'm beautiful, so is there a reason beyond that as to why you're staring at me?" Eiletti said with a bit of spunk, though the playful tone wasn't hidden. She would be the voice of reason, the medium between these people, and that became obvious very quickly. Their personalities just didn't seem to mix. First impressions weren't very hard and these guys seemed to fail at it harder than an Orc in an Elven village. The attitudes toward the reasons they were summoned to this place was surprising as well, though with countless battling and loss that seemed to never end, Eiletti could at least sympathize. Her own power kept her village safe, so the horrors of battle rarely, if ever, made it to her hometowns borders.

"No, not at all. The ears are just for show, you know? I just think they're so cute." Eiletti's mood soured quickly after listening to the man who spoke to her, so the snark came out. The fact that this guy was apparently able to automatically tell that she had human blood in her without knowing a damn thing at all about her was even more annoying than his attitude. She said nothing and turned to Tomoe as the royal one within the room began to spoke up. Eiletti had hoped that this woman would have been a bit on the nicer side, like one of those princess types that are very sweet and don't know how to run a country, but Eiletti's hopes were dashed. Was she really the only one here that was going to try not to piss each other off? Eiletti sighed and stepped away from them.

And the third stepped forward. He was a rather attractive man with what Eiletti would call a "golden aura" that seemed to radiate angelically from his very being. Though he wasn't exactly nice, his mannerisms were much less hostile than the other two in the room. He even offered food, which Eiletti happily accepted by sitting down in the chair to Golden Boy's right. "Thank you, Tenryu, for the food you've provided." Eiletti relaxed some and began nibbling on a sweet roll. "Well... My first question is where should we begin? Lady Aura explained that someone started all of this, but does she have any clues on who they are? Or at least where we should begin looking? I don't think approaching Cubia without proof will do anything, so starting there is best."

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:15 am

Valdbaste Eilsana
    Valdbaste rolled his eyes in response to Eiletti. It was a simple question. She could have answered it. Valdbaste hadn't had good social upbringing, so his attitude wasn't entirely his own fault. Truth be told, being "kind" to someone wasn't really in his dictionary. The villagers had tried to teach him that, but it was hard to get anything to stick.

Tomoe's answer actually seemed pleasing to him. Her tone when she spoke his name annoyed him, but that was normal. Most people didn't say his name with any sort of good tone behind it. He nodded in response, acknowledging that he was wrong in his initial assessment of her. She actually might be of use. The other elf... He was wary of her still. She didn't answer his question. But she was chosen by the "good" god, so she couldn't be like her, right? Valdbaste was mulling over that while Tomoe spoke.

He caught the end of Tomoe's rant. "I have yet to fall upon my own sword, so I doubt my resolve will be of any concern." Valdbaste spoke with a tone of resentment. No, it wasn't quite that. Valdbaste's voice was full of wanton self-hatred. He had wanted to fall upon his own sword, but his resolve to live prevented him from doing so. Tenryu caught Valdbaste's attention only when the blond spoke.

This guy gave an air that Valdbaste wouldn't normally stand. But with what he had just been tasked with... Rust and ruin, this was going to be a long mission. Valdbaste was going to speak up when magic burst around him—the table and chairs causing him to halfway draw his sword. He would have felled that chair real quick-like. Valdbaste was the last to sit down—he was pointedly waiting on the women to. He might not be a nice person, but he had some manners. He was mostly civilized even if he was cruel. Mostly.

At the table, Valdbaste only reached for the few foods that were healthy—even if they did not taste the best. He sat upright, with a noble sort of stoicism. The food was just that, food. It was not something to be enjoyed. It was something to be eaten for nourishment. His plate was mostly full of greens, but there was a bit of meat sprinkled in there. Strangest of all was that he was definitely not eating what would normally be a full meal for someone of his size. He listened to dinner conversation, nodding in agreement that Eiletti had the right idea when it came to the first question.

"When did this start?" Valdbaste asked once Eiletti finished her questions. "And have any particular factions moved along with Cubia's movements?" Valdbaste took a bite out of his food, and his eyes slightly widened. It was good. It was really good. And then his eyes narrowed suddenly and he laid his utensils down upon the table. It tasted like what he ate when she was around. This is why he ate potatoes and bread usually. They always tasted bland.

Kriemhild
    Private
    Private

Post by Kriemhild on Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:23 am

Tomoe knew that her speech, though it may have not fallen on deaf ears, likely gave off the impression that she was a ruthless warrior on the battlefield who would lend neither tear nor sympathy to their plight. She sensed that Eiletti in particular may have expected her to be one of those maidens of royalty, a princess who loved to venture this once-wonderous expanse known as the old world.  Eiletti's dissapointed expression seemed to say so, she concluded.  

In spite of her harsh declaration, Tomoe knew what it meant to be kind-hearted but what did that mean on the battlefield where even a child's life meant so little?  Even so, her greatest challenge would be accepting these warriors as her own, learning that her imposing will could be the greatest encouragement or a fatal detriment.  There was a rope of balance she had to walk, aware that the fall to darkness could happen as swiftly as one breathes air.   

Tomoe bowed respectfully to Valdbaste in reply to his answer. It seemed almost blasphemous for a Ruler to bow to a knight but she valued resolve above all else. Perhaps the two would disagree mightily on various subjects due to upbringing - after all, Tomoe was a ruler protected by her soldiers, Valdbaste a knight fighting for a cause(or so, she assumed), there was bound to be strife based on this fact alone, yet she felt that one point  they could agree on is the brutality of war and that fighting together in Cubia's war was more beneficial than fighting alone.  

She sat in the chair beside Eiletti as she directed her attention to the fourth hero, who glowed with magnificently dazzling sparks of golden light. His introduction was enough to indicate that he may have been of different origin as he noted his conenction to Aura.  

She was reticient towards trusting him, however.  His handsome appearance was pleasant, any woman of less mettle would've probably thrown themselves upon him like a desperate animal. His godlike aura, however, made her feel uncomfortable.  He seemed like the strongest... and yet the most pompous here. In any case, ruminating on his person any longer would give her a headache.  She decided to accept his invitation to eat at the table as they awaited their supposed "guide".  

She remained silent as she chose to fill her plate with almost every item of food on the table. As unusual a sight as it was, Tomoe's appetite was a source of reccurent humor among her soldiers.  She was in no particular way infatuated with the taste of food; her powers of utilizing sun magic often took a huge toll upon her as it was a divine element from the Goddess of the Sun, overusage could result in her death if she was negligent.  As such, eating as much food as she could served to replenish her energy more quickly than other methods of power restoration.  There was meat, potatoes, vegetables, sweets, bread rolls, food that may have even come from her own homeland and much more.  Remaining silent as Eiletti and Valdbaste asked their questions, Tomoe begins consuming her meal, choosing to take an almost humorously large bite of a tender ham hock... of all things.

Last edited by Kriemhild on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Silim
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Silim on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:51 am

Tenryu felt his ego being stroked a bit as he was complimented on his food. Yes, his conjuration magic was amazing, but it was always good when people REALIZED just how amazing he really was! The golden youth couldn't help but grin at that, as he himself floated a piece of cake over to his own plate with a lazy wink of his hand. It didn't take long for both the other half-elf and for the empress to sit down as well and go for the food - said empress could really go at it with the food, apparently. Meanwhile, the knight seemed displeased by something, which caused Tenryu to raise an eyebrow - he didn't know much about him, or any of these three for that matter. All he knew was that Aura had sensed the spark in them that even he, the greatest mage, was lacking... That still stung a bit, but maybe she just didn't want him to expose himself to danger, which he found entirely possible. After all, he and Aura had known each other for a few years now, and she was terribly sentimental and emotional~

As the questions began, the mage nodded with another grin - these people didn't seem to be stupid, at least.
    "Cubia would probably listen to you, seeing as you are now crystal bearers... but he wouldn't be able to stop the war without proof, you are correct in that assessment. I've done some research, using the divination journals of the grand guild - those old men are always good with record keeping, at least." While speaking, the young mage leaned back in his summoned chair. "What we know is very little, though. There have always been wars among the countries... But Cubia's awakening happened on the day the last peace treaty failed, and all countries fell into war at the same time. A threshold of destruction, so to say. Some countries seemed to react to Cubia's awakening faster than others, though. Takamagahara, Candor, and Arcadia. The first and second are connected to divine and profane magic inherently, but there is no hint as to how Arcadia got wind of the rising shadow so quickly, so that is a point you could start with. As for factions... Well, there's really only two that come to mind." Clapping his hands, a few pieces of food still on the table started floating up, forming two symbols next to each other in mid air. Pointing to one of them, looking similar to a sun rising over a horizon, the young mage continued. "The protectors of the 'old vault'. They virtually disappeared from the face of the world the moment Cubia rose, and closer inspection found their 'old vault' completely and utterly destroyed - just that it looked as if said destruction happened ages ago. Those that went into the ruins never came back, so there might be someone or something in that vault connected to all this." Pointing at the other floating sign made out of food, which seemed to be a swirling vortex, the mage explained furhter. "And this one here is the symbol of the 'cult of the end'. Mostly just mad lunatics that pray to the end of the world itself, the guild investigated them... but they're disappeared, just like the vault keepers. Their minds are driven to insanity by how close they are to the void, so its doubtful they could instigate world war to wake their 'messiah', but it was worth a mention at least. Their last known stronghold was hidden somewhere on the storm islands."

With those explanations, Tenryu looked over to the entrance of the cathedral - SHE was really taking her sweet time today. Oh well.
    "Personally, I'm sure that the force behind all of this is connected to ALL of these events~" His eyes shifted over to Empress Tomoe, and he had a grin on his face again. "You've been closer to the answers than you might think, I bet. Think about your history - what drove you into war BEFORE Cubia woke up? Who declared war on who, which groups were involved in the instigation~ I'm sure your answer is somewhere in there. And if you can't find the instigators, find their reasons... Just who would benefit from this twilight of the gods?~" With a yawn, Tenryu then waved his hands, making any uneaten food disappear from the table. "Oh, and always remember... those crystals that are with you are your only defense against 'the end'. Fill the world with light again, and their shine will drive away the darkness~ reveal the truth~"
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:54 pm

Eiletti had absolutely no obligation to answer anything that any of these people threw at her. She already didn't like one of them and could tell he was going to be an obstacle throughout this entire endeavor. If it weren't for the impending doom that lured over the world as they knew it, she'd never agree to work along side such a person. The Empress wasn't someone she could give an opinion on yet. The woman was snarky and polite, two traits that gave no negative implications, but there was still something almost dull about her. This was to be expected when a royal stepped into the room. Her personality was expected to be the opposite of the ornate and almost outlandish clothes she was wearing. The other in the area, the angelic blond with more knowledge than she thought he should have, was the only one that she felt wasn't a pain. Since he didn't seem to be one of the "champions", Eiletti knew he would not travel with them, which was mild upsetting. She was stuck with the rest...

"So we have a few hints, a couple of places to check out... The Old Vault sounds like the most dangerous, if people are not returning, but the failing peace treaty interests me as well... Why all the treaties failed is a question to be answered, but not the most dire of them..." As the food disappeared, Eiletti turned to Tenryu and nodded respectfully. "Thank you for the meal." she said before returning the more important matters. "Another possible route is looking through the records that, Lady Tomoe..." Eiletti turned to her, "...your country may have kept. If we can figure out where this started, it is possible to figure another target and answer a few more questions." Eiletti stood up and fiddled with the crystal that now hung like an amulet from her neck. This crystal was curious. "How does... this work?" she muttered, but turned to Tenryu, "Do we activate it? I don't understand..."

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:07 am

Valdbaste Eilsana
    Valdbaste had seen magic, but he had never once seen someone animate food. It was an amusing, if ultimately useless, ability. "The Old Vault does, indeed, sound the most dangerous," Valdbaste agreed. "It should be a priority. Unlike the Cult of the End, this seems to still be an active situation. Where might we find the Old Vault's ruin? And what was contained inside of the vault? That is, of course, if it was an actual vault and not some pretentious name."

Valdbaste, too, acknowledged the good meal and listened to Eileti's continued speaking. She was smart, at least on matters like this. Valdbaste didn't stand, however. Even with the food gone, there wasn't much rush standing. "My guess was that it was some protective charm—although much stronger than most you'd find." Valdbaste then saw. Seeing, to Valdbaste, was not just seeing colors, seeing objects, or anything of that nature. Seeing was something completely different. "Hmm... life magic. It's strong, but definitely not as strong as I was expecting, coming from a deity and all."

Kriemhild
    Private
    Private

Post by Kriemhild on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:20 pm

Fulfilled and revitalized by the meals the golden guest had provided, Tomoe fixed the sleeves of her Kimono, breathing steadily before directing her gaze towards Tenryu and Eiletti. She knew that her country would be a subject of discussion.

War had ravaged her land; peaceful rest was but an afterthought. Truly, if Takamagahara was a critical piece to the puzzle of solving the mystery of who woke Cubia from his slumber---divulging history she had not revealed to anyone else in her life before now, was hardly an inconvenience.

To be reunited with her people as swiftly as possible would release the heavy burden festering in her heart.  She would gladly guide them through her records, speak of the history on the divinity of her homeland, and provide all the necessary clues if it meant ending the war so that they could finally know the warm embrace of peace once more.

Even so, what she still harbored in her heart the most---was a fierce emotion of indignation towards aiding Aura in sympathizing with that beast - if it were up to her, she would much rather neutralize the source than to be bothered with her search for the perpetrator.  However, defying the orders of the Goddess were foolhardy at best. Concentrating on the mission superceded all else. Her loyalty would not falter.  

Tomoe cleared her throat before speaking;

"If it is knowledge that you seek pertaining to the history of my homeland, no grievances shalt be ushered from my lips. Takamagahara, as the golden one hitherto mentioned, is inherently entwined with divine blessing, manifested through magic originating from the Gods.  

In our country, we worship these supreme beings with an unequivocal fervor, dedicating thousands of prayers, so that we might attain their guidance on our path to reaching the divine spark, to wit, the profound nature of Godhood. Through our fervent devotion, we are granted with their otherwordly blessings - comprising innumerable forms of Thaumaturgy.  

In ancient times, for example, my ancestors intimately worshiped Amaterasu  - The Goddess of the Universe in Shinto Mythology - thus endowing me with the ability to govern the divine element of the sun in a conceptualized form of magic. Our prowess in how we control these miracles, however, is grounded in an equilibrium of faith and belief in the god(s) we choose to place our faith in.

It therefore follows that should any one mage of Takamagahara falter in their belief of the deity that bestowed upon them such esteemed favor, they are immutably banished from all access of enchantment that god provided.  

Harsh as that punishment may be, when one has connected their soul to a god, wavering in that loyalty at any moment in time... is the ultimate form of impertinence in their eyes. Even I am of no exception.  "

-

"No doubt, these divine miracles are what has always resulted in opposing kingdoms vying for dominion over our people, waging war as if it is mere sport.

Full of nothing but misguided egotistical desires - they ravage our land, capturing our soldiers, lending no open ear towards the idea of peace - a reasonable outcome for those involved. Of course, such wars were hardly difficult to overcome in the past. Trampling our opposition was never a pronounced impediment as we swiftly defeated them all in order to maintain the peace we sought in our homeland.  

When Cubia awoke from his slumber, however, maintaining a definitive advantage in the war was no longer a viable option for our army. The first victims to fall on the battlefield of the endtime war were none other than my birth-parents, their death signaling my ascension to the throne. Alas, I know of no clear culprit who would possess an ego vast enough to wake a god whose sole purpose is to bring everything to an end. Of all that I laid out so far, there is no pardonable explanation I can bring forth to interpret such madness.... "

She touched the crystal within the sleeve of her Kimono, sharing Eiletti's sentiments on the operation of these crystals and how they worked. Was it even a force controllable by the heroes or by Aura herself? She wondered as she awaited the guide that would bring them to their next destination. As she did so, her interest was piqued as she recalled Tenryu mentioning that of the three countries he spoke of, there was another intrinsically connected to magic. It provided her with a sense of awe to an otherwise grimly atmosphere up until this point.

Silim
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Silim on Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:28 am

Tenryu's facial expression hardened for a few moments when the magic within the crystals came up - showing something quite strange from the cocky young mage. Honest worry, maybe even sadness. Sadly, Tomoe's insight was not enough to pinpoint a clear origin of this war... Apparently, her country had never been at full peace for quite a while.

"It appears that whoever ignited the wars did not interact directly with our empress here - or if that person did, he or she did it in a way not easily noticed or remembered. Though I suppose we might as well add the gods of Takamagahara to the list of suspects. The gods were the first children of the original two - hard to imagine any of them turning on Aura, but stranger things have happened." Still with a more serious expression, Tenryu stopped lounging around in his comfortable chair and stood up, giving each of the heroes another intense, quick stare. "Those crystals are more than just protectors and symbols. Each of them is deeply connected to Aura herself, and her power is fading away. The moment all of your crystals grow dim, the moment they lose all power... At that moment, Aura will die. And with every bit of hope, every last speck of light you return to this world, the shine of the crystals will grow brighter once more. You must understand just how important-"

"Enough, Tenryu."

Another voice rang out through the cathedral, and from worry, Tenryu's expression switched to pure annoyance. A first glance towards the entrance didn't reveal anyone - but a look further down revealed the origin of the voice. Slowly making her way over to the table before jumping up onto it, was a black cat. In the yellow eyes of the animal burned an intelligence far greater than normal for any beast.

"Well, I suppose I'm no longer needed, now." With those bitter words, Tenryu snapped his fingers - in a flash of golden light, the boy vanished from where he stood, re-appearing next to the big crystal in the center of the room, laying one hand on it as one might do towards an injured person, softly caressing the slightly warm surface of it. "I'll stay here and guard the center crystal, for now. If the corruption reaches this place, I can probably buy around half a day or so before I fall to corruption as well. Go, Blake here will lead you to the Vault... As for what awaits you there? I couldn't tell you. Like so many things, only the gods knew of it." Looking back at the heroes, Tenryu's face once more spoke of worry, and of a strange longing. "If I could, I'd accompany you."

"I hope you three are ready. The Old Vault is quite the distance away, and my ways of travel can be taxing on those like you." speaking again, the black cat swayed its tail from side to side, sitting on the table without making any other sounds. "You've seen the light side of this world that you need to protect, with Aura and Tenryu. But make no mistake, for those of the darkness like me, this crisis is just as dire."
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:45 am

Eiletti's attention shifted to the cat. She was obviously surprised by this creatures appearance and it's ability to talk. Wide eyed and stuck on stupid, she stared at the cat the entire time. Was it a demon of some sort? A cursed animal? Eiletti forced her attention back to the group and quickly got ready to go. "What do we do about our weapons? I wasn't expecting to be pulled from my home to start the beginning of a massive world saving journey, otherwise I would have packed a few things. I need a bow, filled quiver, two daggers, and my custom gauntlets from home. I cannot have any others. I need them." Eiletti knew this was going to be a pain in the ass and likely get some complaints, but it was best to be prepared for whatever this world was going to throw at them.

"In fact, Lady Tomoe... Would you not enjoy more suitable clothing? Maybe something not so ornate? It would be a shame to ruin such a wonderful outfit." Eiletti looked to Valdbaste, "And you? Is there anything you might need? I doubt this is to be a short journey. We must be prepared." Eiletti looked to Blake again. "Could we not take some time to do this? Or do you have gear that we can borrow until we find something more suitable?"

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:16 pm

Valdbaste Eilsana
    When the cat began to speak, Valdbaste's face grew dark. His hand moved to his sword once more. If this cat was an animagus, then Valdbaste was not going to have a good trip. Too many comrades had fallen to that kind, who would wait in ambush. They were despicable. Valdbaste, surprisingly, did not complain about getting Eiletti's things. He... understood. In fact, the half-elf nodded in agreement.

"It is best that we handle this when we are best equipped. I do not know what is special about the young lady's gear, but we will need to go to gather her own things. I don't think it will be up for negotiation." He looked to Eiletti, and nodded to her. It wasn't approval, but acknowledgement of the importance of the items. The man then took a few steps over to Eiletti and removed two thin daggers from his waist with one hand. Valdbaste spun them to be hilt-first as he proffered them to her. "Take them for the time being." He paused. "I'll... want them back once we have your own."

As Eiletti asked after Tomoe, Valdbaste raised an eyebrow. Eiletti was right. Was this truly an outfit meant for what was obviously going to be combat? Of course not. "Empress, you might want to listen to this one. It is not suitable for combat, and only would bring unwanted attention to this quest." As for Valdbaste himself... "No. I carry the few things with any importance on me at all times. Anything else can be replaced."

Valdbaste then turned to the cat, eyes narrowed in suspicion. She had always used a cat's body to spy on him. He did not trust the damn things. And he damn sure didn't respect them. "Cat, you said your method of transportation was 'taxing.' What kind of magics are you planning on using?"
    Kriemhild
    Private
    Private

Post by Kriemhild on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:02 am

As she suspected, despite her detailed explanation behind the operation of her homeland's magecraft and the events that led to war erupting throughout her entire kingdom,  the group was no closer to an answer than before.

She would not hesitate to expound any more knowledge if it was so neccesary. An expression of worry graced Tenryu's visage, Tomoe noticed, as he continued to explain his own knowledge of the old world, from the ancient Magi to the revelation that these crystals were no mere ornaments meant to serve as a symbol of protection.  

No... in a word, it was Aura's essence itself.  Tomoe tightened her grip on the sleeve of the kimono.  His long-winded speech, however, was quickly cut off by the voice of what seemed... to be... a talking cat? This journey seemed to become all the more peculiar as it unraveled.  

"Indeed, engraved within my heart is the ideal hope that we will restore light to this land, Tenryu... dissapointing as it may be that you cannot accompany us on our journey, the belief Aura has instilled in us shalt not be taken lightly.  
    Our
    quest will end in victory.  "

With that small invective, Tomoe turned to Eiletti and Valdbaste. Their worry was not without merit; everything they spoke of made absolute sense. They required their weapons and recommended that she change into more suitable clothing, fit for the rigors of battle.  

Tomoe nodded with a smile towards the two, "Although the matter of our weapons remains in question, you need not worry of my dress. Although it is only a minor form of magic compared to my other skills, I can  disrobe one article of clothing in favor of another without undressing myself manually. " And as soon as she said that, she would snap her finger. In that moment, her body would begin to radiate - in a flash of light, she emerged with an outfit ideal for the battlefield.

"Eiletti is correct, Blake.  In order to survive the perilous battles ahead of us, should we not be accomdated with our weapons?"

Last edited by Kriemhild on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Silim
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Silim on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:41 am

The yellow eyes of the black cat went between the heroes, no easily readable expression on her animal face - her whiskers only twitched slightly from time to time, especially when they spoke to her directly. In the background, Tenryu gave an appreciating nod to Empress Tomoe, and even a small smile - for him, the survival of Aura was the only goal, Blake knew that much... the young mage had never been the most social of creatures, but at least for Aura, he was showing true care and worry.

"I understand your wish for your correct equipment... Quite understandable. I'd not go into battle without my own weapons either." The cat gave a small nod to the female half-elf. Her eyes focused on Valdbaste next - she could almost taste his disdain for her kind, which was quite understandable. Not many people had liked demonic beings back before the war, and now most of those demons were actively fighting to end existence itself. "I planned on letting you use the roads of my people. We are... well, we technically don't have a name in the Common tongue. Not enough interaction with other races to really require it. Technically, it is simple magic - it connects points of 'darkness' across the land, but travel through it is highly taxing to the soul of creatures of light such as you three." Taking a second to look between them, the eyes of the cat started glowing in yellow for a short moment - to anyone able to sense magic, it was an observation spell. "Hmm... Remarkable soul strength. I assume you could travel once a week across the roads without danger to your sanity. Now, you simply need to decide if you wish to travel with the shadows to acquire your gear, or if you'd like to travel in the mundane way and then travel to the vault by using my shadows. The choice is yours."
    Jumping down from the table, the black cat started to suddenly shift - and grow. Instead of a housecat, a black panther stood in front of the assembled group of heroes now.

"I assume for the moment, you could call me... a 'living shadow'."
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:26 pm

Eiletti eyed the daggers and then looked to Valdbaste. Was this some sort of way of apologizing for his idiocy before? His next sentence told her otherwise, so she rolled her eyes and waved them off. "I'll be getting my own, whether bought or by traveling home. I do not need your weapons." The conversation was quickly and smoothly continued. So far, the only person currently here that Eiletti had any interest in beyond the stakes of their mission, besides the cat, was Tomoe. Being able to meet royalty was impressive and Eiletti was curious how such a life treats someone. Unfortunately, that was not a conversation to be had any time soon.

The choice they had to make was rather frustrating to say the least. If they had any warning of being brought here, Eiletti would have grabbed the gear she needed and this wouldn't have been a problem. She sighed with obvious annoyance and put a hand on her hip. "So you're saying that we either travel without our weapons and any other needed gear and likely get attacked by some beasts with no way of everyone being able to protect themselves... or we separate to get the needed equipment and hopefully reunite somewhere without getting lost or killed on the way because we didn't have the strength to defend ourselves on our own? Doesn't sound right to me."

Eiletti eyed the talking cat in annoyance and then looked up to Tenryu. "I'm sorry, but was any of this thought through at all or are we hoping to pull a lot of luck out of our asses?" she asked with a little more disrespect than she meant to, "There has to be some other way of bringing this together... Besides," Eiletti looked back to Blake, "taking a path that is likely going to cause us to lose our mind. It sounds like we're the pawns in a game of chess, and I do not appreciate being sacrificed this early in the damn game." Eiletti crossed her arms and walked over to wall to lean against it. "Tell me when there's a plan to not automatically set us up to fail."

"If I'm doing this, I want my weapons and travel gear. That's that."

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:06 am

Valdbaste Eilsana
    Valdbaste was confused. She was without gear, so why not take his? He shrugged. Valdbaste Eilsana was an idiot when it came to women, and even moreso of one when it came to those with elven blood. He despised anyone with the trademark elongated ears, whether or not he had met them before. They could be her spies. There were times that Valdbaste regretted his choice of leaving, but at the same time he knew it was for the best.

For the most part, Eiletti was right. Valdbaste was already feeling ill-fitted for this group. Why did he have to be the one to man u—oh, that's right. He was the only man. With an inward sigh, he spoke up as Eiletti finished. "Taking the," Valdbaste changed languages and spoke in the tongue of demons, "pathway..." It might not have been the exact word, but he had heard of such a thing back in his youth. He switched back to common. "To get the gear would be best. Taking it straight to the vault is suicidal at best. I do not know what Empress Tomoe requires. If she does not require anything, then a single stop at your," he motioned with a gloved hand to Eiletti, "homeplace would be all that we needed to do."

"Afterwards, I'm sure we can defend ourselves for a week to use the pathway or until we reach the Vault itself. If what Blake says is true, then we should be fine using it only weekly." He spoke with skepticism towards the shadow beast. "So, Empress Tomoe—is there anything you'd require from your homeplace?"
    Kriemhild
    Private
    Private

Post by Kriemhild on Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:50 am

Even though Tomoe clarified that they were not required to refer to her by her royal name, especially valdbaste himself, that they still did so came as an absolute surprise to the Empress of Takamagahara.  Tomoe smiled.  It was a pleasant emotion to have that respect from her newly-acquired comrades.  

In addition to that smile, Tomoe's expression held a bit of humor in regards to how fiery Eiletti was.  That type of will was what she strived for in all of her soldiers, the no-nonsense approach.  

And she had every reason to be as fiesty as she was - marching into battle without nary a weapon was a foolhardy gamble that would result in their death, if any of the creatures Tomoe faced in her homeland were to be expected.  She surely required her own weapons as well.  Indeed, two of her family's heirlooms would be her greatest advantage in battle.

Kusanagi, the vaunted sword that carried her family through countless battles, the symbol of bravery within her homeland.... Tonbogiri, the dragonfly cutter, a spear that Tomoe favored more as a powerful arrow(Archery being one of her most superb skills as a warrior) than it's intended use in hand-to-hand combat.  Bow and arrows would be required, too.  Their purpose was best served as a type of conduit to apply her magecraft from long-range vantage points in battle.

"In my homeland, all that I would truly require is my family heirlooms and a set of bow and arrows. The former is more important than the latter, as bow and arrows are commonplace in this world. If we were to arrive in a favorable location, i know of many routes where we could enter and depart without alert. "  

Last edited by Kriemhild on Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Silim
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Silim on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:18 pm

The large, black cat swung its head around, looking from one chosen hero to the next. The female half-elf was a real handful, but Blake couldn't be mad at her for that... They did just get the biggest task of the entire world dropped onto them without warning. She laid her head slightly to the side, blinking at her out of her shining, yellow eyes that flickered with a slightly disturbing 'light' from within, which was a lot clearer in this larger form compared to her tiny housecat appearance.

"This plan to save our world was never so much a plan as it was a last resort, used in desperation to save it from destruction." explained the demonic cat, before giving the male half-elf a surprised but appreciative nod. Not many people spoke the tongue of demons in the lands of light, and while she wasn't really a demon, their language was one of the oldest ones - and thus very close to the tongue of living shadows like her. "You speak the truth, mercenary. Going without equipment is madness. Using the shadow paths would allow us to grab the gear for Eiletti quickly - afterwards, we can go towards the skylands, and possibly use the shadows from there to arrive." For the name of the empress' lands, she switched into the old language of demons as well - oddly enough, demonic and angelic languages were almost identical in many ways, and this word was one of those cases.

Of course, she couldn't let the Empress go without weaponry. "As for you, empress of mortal kin... I may have some substitutes until we can claim your treasures." Stepping towards the glorious ruler, Blake's own shadow began to move unnaturally - it stretched out, away from the main body of the panther, and formed a black circle in front of her. Within it, small shards of crystalized darkness began to rise - quadratic in shape, each of them, all tiny fragments of black with turquoise and orange outlines flickering along them. These tiny stones fused together flawlessly, and quickly, a longbow appeared before the divinely empowered woman - beautiful craftsmanship, with a bowstring that looked as if it had been woven out of smoke. Next to it, a quiver filled with black arrows, with tips of shimmering silver, also manifested. "As compensation for our poor preparation, I'll lend you my own bow. Do not be afraid - shadows and light are two sides of the same coin, after all. It will obey you." There was something almost sad in Blake's voice as she gave up the weapon. "Once, this artifact belonged to my father. See it as an apology from him for our current troubles. And, of course..." Closing her eyes again, Blake summoned another object out of the shadows - manifesting in much the same way out of tiny shadow fragments, which took on color and form once fused together instead of staying jet-black like the bow, a beautifully crafted, thin curved sword materialized, kept in a scabbard that had arcane runes embedded into it, made from silver and meteoric iron, to keep the blade sharp forever. On the hilt, a single, dark purple ribbon adorned it. "And from me, I'll grant you 'Shadowrend'."

Stepping backwards a bit, she awaited if the empress would take the offered artifacts of shadow, which had an ethereal beauty about them completely unlike the darkness and shadows that were trying to devour the world. These shadows seemed peaceful, calming... comforting. "Now then, Eiletti. If you and your companions agree with this plan, then please take my hand... paw, I mean." Stretching out her right leg, the palm of her paw pointed upwards. "Think of it... of your home, and let go of all mental barriers. Make me see what you remember, and I will find the closest point of shadow to your home to open a pathway."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:32 am