The Emerald Archive

This is an open prompt role play site where you create the story, the world, and the rules of your thread. No limits and everything comes from your imagination.

Staff

Top posting users this month

Latest topics

» The Time World: A Journey Across Time and Space
Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:16 am by Kriemhild

» The Old World: A Rising Shadow [private]
Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:18 pm by Silim

» The Foreign World [Private]
Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:32 pm by Serenity

» The New World [Private]
Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:51 pm by Serenity

» Kamen Rider Spirits [Private, 1 spot open]
Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:08 am by Silim

» The Modern World [Private]
Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:04 am by Serenity

» Kamen Rider Spirits Campaign Discussion
Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:59 pm by Raiki

» The New World [Plot Discussion]
Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:56 am by Kriemhild

» The Closed World [OPEN]
Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:11 pm by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 191 messages in 20 subjects

We have 8 registered users

The newest registered user is abojama

The New World [Plot Discussion]

Serenity
    Head Admin

The New World [Plot Discussion]

Post by Serenity on Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:51 pm

The New World

Yes, I'm keeping to our current Non-Fandom Thread Titles...

The World: Earth is a wasteland. Years of pollution and war left the planet in ruin. The air was toxic, the water was worse. Crops would not grow and animals did not live long enough to provide enough food. The population slowly dwindled down to a mere 2% of what it once was. During the years that the human race began to fall, a massive ship called The Redemption was constructed. It was created with the purpose of saving the human race by transporting them to Kepler-186F, now called Asylum. Though there have been no test runs and no confirmations of this planet being habitable for humans, with the deterioration of Earth, it seemed to be the only choice.

One hundred thousand people were sent on The Redemption. Only a quarter of the population on The Redemption were adults: age fifteen and higher. The rest were young, many too young to understand their future obligations. This small group of people were chosen based off of health, genetics, and age. Anyone over the age of thirty was not eligible and all eligible adults had to pass a rigorous training camp to be accepted. Once accepted for this, they were frozen in cryo-sleep to await their landing on the newly named planet Asylum.

It took one hundred years to find a full one hundred thousand people to go on this trip. The years in which one may be chosen and frozen are: 2175-2275. Launch date: May 4th of 2276.

Current Setting: Your character should be between the age of 5-28. Because of the very low and dying population, laws were quickly changed to make the adult age 15 to allow younger people to reproduce and keep the population up. You have no idea where you are or how long it's been since you were originally frozen. You've woken up with three other people in the room with you. It's dark and your only source of light is from a small window the size of a football. The other cryo-beds are either empty or still housing sleeping individuals. The air is thinner than before and you could feel how much cleaner it is with every breath you take, but that still makes it difficult since it's not what you're used to. After a few moments between you and the others, a door opens...

Specifications:

I want 1 more person max. Tsu already has a reserved spot, so one more person. That's it. If you don't think you'll be able to keep up with posts, I'd prefer this thread not be held up by slower posting or other commitments. It's actually the reason I created this prompt. People have jobs and lives, so other threads get held up, which is fine. I just want the people who don't have those things to have another option to RP.

Kriemhild
    Private
    Private

Re: The New World [Plot Discussion]

Post by Kriemhild on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:30 pm

I'd definitely like to throw my hat in here. My activity has been getting better and I'd like to join a prompt where the action can keep going. And to your last part, I am bereft of both job and life, so I'd definitely be a good fit. ;3 -is kidding...slightly. - That's only if you want me to, though. The prompt for the characters makes it easy enough for faster posting from me, than say the prompt idea i'm coming up with and Rising Shadow.

Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:46 pm

Alright, cool. Membership shit is now closed.

Beyond this point, I would like summaries of your guys' characters. What you guys make will decide what kind of character I am making for this, so yeah.
    Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:49 pm

Before I get into my character (I do have a few ideas mulling about), I have a few questions.

1) Were our characters allowed to take personal belongings along? If so, is everything stored in a cargo bay? In a footlocker-like thing in front of them?

2) On the cyro-beds: are they like actual beds (as in they lay horizontal) or are they vertical?

3) Were there any countries specifically banned from sending people on this?

4) Were our characters allowed to wear clothing of their choice, or were they given special clothing for the cyro-beds?

5) Were our characters supposed to wake up when The Redemption reached Asylum or before?

Now for my character! The first character idea I have is of a guy that's 16 (up or down one year). He originally seems like the type to know it all. He's got a bit of attitude, but that quickly fades when faced with a crisis. When he has time to think, he's fine. But he can't think on his feet. His family has been producing musicians for quite a while, and the state of the world has really made that a rare thing (at least IMO). He's going to be decently good with an instrument, though I'm unsure of which one.
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:09 pm

To Finally Answer These Damn Questions:

1) Very few personal belongings in order to make the move "easier". They don't want too much to be brought due to overcrowding already. There are no personal rooms for anyone. Your cryo-bed has small places to allow some things. They're making things "easier" by allowing things that mean something to you to be taken while most people have their families left behind. It's rare to have a sibling, parent, or friend to come with you.

2) ....Yes. Both. Leaning back at an angle.

3) No. If you were able to aid the human races survival, you were able to go. Your nationality did not matter. However, criminal history, diseases, medical history, and things that might prevent the survival of humans will likely prevent people from being accepted.

4) Given clothing. Sort of like a jumpsuit. Males: Black, Females: Red

5) Characters Were Not Informed!

This moving to another planet is a very "kind" and "peaceful" way of helping humanity survive. There was very little hostility among people when this was going on. Even those being left behind understood, though some were bitter.
    Kriemhild
    Private
    Private

Post by Kriemhild on Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:08 pm

Sorry for the long wait, but I've finally come up with a character idea(Two to  be exact).  Very interesting, too, because this is the first time I ever thought about making a character that's an african-american like me, but anywho.  My character idea is of an african-american woman by the name of Ayesha(Though I could change the name before the story starts, so it's not set in stone yet. ) but she was born as someone who grew up in a shop with her father, who made a living fixing cars, technological items, and other items in order to earn money. When the world started to waste away, trying to make a living became that much difficult, so he opted instead to see if his daughter could be one of the chosen to go and live a better life on a different planet.'

That's a little background to what could've led up to her being brought along, but personality wise, Ayesha is very... sassy but in a energetic and spunky way. Her personality is also humbled because she was raised under a stable home, so she knows how to carry herself and she's very intelligent because of that humble nature and the fact that nothing is promised to you, you have to work for it. Her two biggest loves are music(but she's no musician, =P @ Tsubine) and fixing things. She has a knack for wanting to tinker with something and fix it, it's in her nature.  She's not use to talking with anyone and the transition of knowing she probably won't see her father again would be jarring for her, but overall, I guess I'd call her the fixer/technician of the group.  Oh yeah, and her age could be anything from about maybe 16-20, since I think those would be the appropriate ages for her as far as being a techie but still being young enough to be naive to certain things.  

That's one idea.  I have more but I didn't know how we'd be doing the story as far as characters go, which is why I struggled to come up with an idea.  Like some like to imagine their characters as real life peeps and or anime characters, and while I know we can do both, it was just trying to come up with a character I've never done before but is still very much playable by me and what not.  I do have an idea for a male(Which would be chuckleworthy if you made a female and Tsu sticks with a male,  but this seems like a serious story, so yer. ) But overall, still, yeah, That be my idea.  I got some little flesh parts to go through more or less and the full profile will let the character be known better, but yeah.
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:06 pm

Alright... Been a while since I replied to this and both character ideas sound good to me. If you want to go for a male, Agito, that would be fine. I usually do stick with female, so it could make for an interesting character plot if that's the direction you'd want to go.

If anyone has anymore questions, concerned, and even suggestions on what has been done up to this point, please say so. Once that's out of the way, I could get this started.

I want confirmed characters from both of you so I can finally decide on my character for this thread. Thank ya.
    Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:54 pm

Would you want us to send you some information on the character? Maybe a short app or backstory or something through a PM? My character idea is remaining mostly the same though. His name will be Henry Raymond "Ray" Lancaster.
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:47 pm

No? Just confirm that nothing has changed and the ideas you said are there. If you're still going with the musician, that's fine. Your character is confirmed. Now I'm just waiting on Agi. He had 2 character ideas. I want to know which one he's going with.
    Kriemhild
    Private
    Private

Post by Kriemhild on Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:56 am

More than likely, I shall be rolling with the African-american techie gal idea as that one is already ironed out in my mind by now. And her name shall be, Emma.

I think we're cleared for take off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:45 pm