The Emerald Archive

This is an open prompt role play site where you create the story, the world, and the rules of your thread. No limits and everything comes from your imagination.

Staff

Top posting users this month

Latest topics

» The Time World: A Journey Across Time and Space
Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:16 am by Kriemhild

» The Old World: A Rising Shadow [private]
Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:18 pm by Silim

» The Foreign World [Private]
Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:32 pm by Serenity

» The New World [Private]
Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:51 pm by Serenity

» Kamen Rider Spirits [Private, 1 spot open]
Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:08 am by Silim

» The Modern World [Private]
Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:04 am by Serenity

» Kamen Rider Spirits Campaign Discussion
Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:59 pm by Raiki

» The New World [Plot Discussion]
Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:56 am by Kriemhild

» The Closed World [OPEN]
Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:11 pm by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 191 messages in 20 subjects

We have 8 registered users

The newest registered user is abojama

The Foreign World [Private]

Serenity
    Head Admin

The Foreign World [Private]

Post by Serenity on Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:43 am

A trio of men rode along the shores of a Kalanar beach, away from any dock. With very little good intentions in mind, they hoped to find a village or farm they could rob. If it was a farm, they'd stay a little longer, holding those who lived there hostage. This is what they always did, but today they found something unexpected. A young foreign woman lay unconscious on the sand with sea weed and a bit of driftwood scattered over her. Her fair skin was dirtied by wet sand and the seaweed almost matched the color of the outfit she was wearing. Her hair was soaked, but up in a short ponytail. She had two weapons of strange sort by her waist, the hilts seemingly made of pure gold and decorated beautifully with white flowers.

"Well, look at that... A female warrior?" the leader of the three hurried his horse up to her side and hopped off. The other two quickly followed. "Tis a woman from across the ocean, is it not?" "A foreigner? How did she wind up here?" The two scoundrels looked to each other for answers, but only got confusion and chose to watch their leader as he removed the debris from the woman's body. "She's a strange beauty. Never seen one up close like this... Not a woman from Irelia, at least." their leader said. He ran his hand over her cheek, brushed back her hair, and began exploring the heavy wet clothes she wore. "So much fabric... What a waste."

"Them Irelians wear strange clothing, always a robe, no dress or pants with a shirt. They're an odd people." "Well, it's getting in my way. How many layers does this one have? Can't even tell the size her chest, or body, with this in the way. What a frustrating garment." He continued to look through her clothing to get to her body.

Tsubine
    Admin

Re: The Foreign World [Private]

Post by Tsubine on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:05 am

The beaches of Kalanar were known for their marbled sand. White and yellow sand intermixed to create patterns that never would repeat themselves. Artists would come to the Kalanar beaches, sketching and painting with all of their might. But usually, those artists were near towns and cities on the coast. So when Tsubine von Zarkonheinz broke the surface of the water to see multiple people on the beach, he grew curious.

As he neared the shore, he noticed  they were messing with something. A washed-up shark? It was that time of year... Then he saw the feet. It was a person. And none of the people there seemed to be helping them. They were pilfering the body. As he got to where he could stand, he sprinted ahead. "Stand aside!" The men turned sharply in surprise. Tsubine nearly fell as sand gave way beneath him, but he kept running.

That was when they pulled out cudgels. These weren't nice men. Unfortunately, they weren't dealing with an oyster fisherman, despite the bag of them at his waist. "Beat it, fisherman," one of them yelled. Tsubine continued to run. The man stepped forward. "Didja not hear me? This ain't no business of yours!" Tsubine continued to run. The man growled, his expression darkening.

Tsubine's feet finally hit dry land. And that was their downfall. Had they arrows, they could have easily felled him in the water. But now, the Blackthorn had his roots in the ground. He lunged down, sliding the diving knife free from behind his waist. It was meant to fend off sharks and eels. Humans were much easier to deal with. A punch to the first man's gut sent him down, all of his air gone in an instant. Tsubine sliced the man's lower leg open, keeping him down. He kept in a low crouch, his knife held in a reverse grip, waiting on the other two's reaction. That's when he peered at the young woman, covered in debris and seaweed. She'd have to be given mouth-to-mouth soon. Which suited Tsubine just fine. It had been a while since he had performed "mouth-to-mouth" on a beauty like her. Okay, that was a lie. He had never done it. But he'd damn sure try.

Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:16 am

The stubbornness of fools was one to be reckoned with, but which here was the fool? One man charged at three armed assailants, while the three had no idea of their foe's skill. Assumptions were made on both sides, but which assumption was the actual mistake? Though one was struck and held down, the others would not back away. It was one man and they were skilled in their ways, having done this for years.

And then a cough came from the unmoving female body. The water that filled her lungs naturally escaped, much to the dismay of her rescuer. In pain, she curled over on her side and held her stomach, breathing deeply until she heard the sounds of the small scuffle that was happening behind her. She sat up quickly and looked back to see what situation she was in. Four men, three against one. She couldn't judge more than that.

The young woman scoot away from them, grabbing the handle to the shortest of the two blades she held and waited. "I will fight the one's that win..." she said, in assumption that the man who fought alone would lose. She was weakened at the moment. She was barely able to catch her breath, but when one's life is on the line, there isn't much you wouldn't do to survive. And because of this, she was ready to take the three winners on.

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:32 am

The man with a gaping knife wound yelled obscentities at Tsubine. He didn't care too much about that. His shirtless torso dripped water, and he continued to watch the two carefully. The drips were like the ticking of a clock, and the woman's cough was the bell signalling the time to act. And act he did. He dove for the sand, kicking it up into the two men's eyes. They scrambled back, swearing. Sheesh, do they have no respect for the language they used around a lady?

The sand distracted them enough for Tsubine to dive through the granulated curtain, driving his knife into the gut into the second man. All that was left was the only one not with a cudgel. Instead, he had a boarding axe. The axe made contact with the knife, and Tsubine had to drop the weapon or be sheared through. The tiny knife dug into the sand, and the leader stumbled as Tsubine slid out of the way of the blow. He breathed in. Ten heartbeats. He calmed his body down, and began counting the heartbeats, hoping he might not have to use them.

The man swung the axe again, and Tsubine barely dodged this one. He'd have to get a weapon. He scanned over where the woman sat up. And he smiled. He sprinted over to her, and reached down. The leader was right behind him. "I'm borrowing this." He picked up something quickly, and spun. He hoped this would work. The leader brought his axe above his head. Perfect. Tsubine spun, the object remaining firm in his hand.

A loud crack echoed over the beach as a plank meant for a ship's hull cracked against the leader's head. The axe slipped out of his hands, and Tsubine dropped the half plank he held. He then began to batter the man's head with his fists. Punch after punch connected until the man finally fell backwards. Tsubine didn't know, or care, if the man was dead or unconscious. Tsubine darted back and picked up his diving knife, sliding it back behind his waist. He jogged back over to the woman, and squatted down in front of her, smile on his face. The bastard was proud of himself. "Yanno, you have pretty eyes."

Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:49 am

To her surprise, the single man overpowered the other three. She'd have to be more careful when fighting him then. He jogged over to her and she jumped a couple feet back and drew her wakazashi, pointing it up toward him with a glare in her eyes that threatened to kill him on it's own. That's when the pretty eyes comment came about and she narrowed her eyes more. She suddenly began spouting words in the Irelian language out at him, doubting that he'd recognize it. Her land was far from here and the laws that kept that country worth something kept outsiders from knowing much about them. The only taste of Irelian culture the outside world received was the few exports of clothing, cotton, rice, and wheat. Then she spoke in Kalani , "Where am I?"

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:57 am

Tsubine didn't think this woman a warrior, but he also knew that a sword was a sword. It could still hurt him, so he did stay out of the reach of the oversized knife. That's what that curved blade was, right? Some sort of ceremonial knife? Had to be. The language she spoke was weird. She was talking ten miles an hour, and he couldn't keep up. How anyone spoke a language that fast was astounding to him. Although, maybe she was just having a seizure instead.

When she spoke Kalani, Tsubine's eyes widened in surprise. "Oh, so you speak Kalani. That's going to make communication so much easier. English doesn't have the same kind of sayings that Kalani has." He shook his head. "You're on the southeast shore of Kalanar. I'd say what town we're near, but there really isn't one within any reasonable distance. I've got a camp set up about half a mile from here," he pointed along the curving coast, "that I can take you to. Get you some food and warmth."

Tsubine stood up, his six-foot-two figure towering over the woman. "I'm Tsubine, and welcome to Kalanar." He extended his hand to help her up. "I also hope you like oysters."

Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:09 am

"I do." was her immediate reply about the language. "English? The other language you spoke? I do not speak it."  Not once did she lower the blade as he spoke. She was wary of him and anyone else that may approach. As he stood, she pushed herself up and ignored the hand he offered. She kept the sword she held at his neck for a moment or two more and then stepped back a couple feet to sheath it. "Bleck!" she made the sound like a complaining child when he mentioned oysters. "I am a picky eater and I do not like oysters. They taste horrible and are very slimy." With the way she spoke, it was obvious she was new to the language. She was very choppy with her words, like she didn't know how to make them flow easily.

"You said your name is Tsubine, correct? My name is Kaminari." A small breeze picked up from over the ocean and caused Kaminari to shiver. She was still soaked from her adventures on the water and when she realized this, she looked over to the water. She walked closer, holding her arms around herself for warmth and looked as far as she could see up and down the water. She muttered something in her native language and looked back to Tsubine. "Did a ship wreck anywhere? I believe I was on it. A storm hit very fast and flipped the entire boat. I did not think I would survive..." It seemed Kaminari was much luckier than she originally thought...

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:26 am

Someone that didn't speak English? She was definitely a foreigner. And not just from across the Gulf of Jasnah. Tsubine kept his posture tense, trying to feign that he feared the woman. He didn't. He feared the sword, but not the tiny thing holding it. She ignored his hand, which was almost an insult. But foreigners were weird. Hell, she didn't even have her left hand covered.

Her accent was cute, and Tsubine was holding back pointing that out. He chuckled at her reaction to oysters. "That's fine. More for me then. I probably have some jerky and bread left. It's nothing that'll taste amazing though, if you're as fancy as I think you are." To Tsubine, she seemed a high-class merchant's wife or something. Maybe even a scholar. She would be used to the finer things in life, not what he was eating.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Kaminari." Then she mentioned the ship. That's what he thought might've happened. His smile faded and he shrugged. "I'm afraid I wouldn't know. The only debris I've seen has been what's around you. If it sank out in the ocean, the ship itself probably won't reach shore." Tsubine then got a quizzical look on his face as he turned to her. "Can you ride a horse?" He motioned with his head to one of the horses the bandits had rode in on. "If we go by horse, I can get us to the city of Lachoria by tomorrow evening if we leave in the morning. And if you can't ride one, there's room on my saddle for two."

Tsubine motioned for Kaminari to follow him to his camp. "So Ka-mi-na-ri," he sounded out each syllable to get a feel for the name, "where are you from? You're most certainly not Kalan, and I doubt you're Ralli either." Rall Elorium was the country north of Kalanar, and was one of the Elf-controlled countries. "I can also get you a change of clothes at my camp. Although, they might be a little tall for you, considering they're mine."

Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:37 am

This was difficult to swallow. Images of children, men, and women on the ship before the storm hit came back to remind her. A lot of people died last night. A young girl named Sio was among them and  knowing that made her survival worse. How was she the one who made it to the shore? Kaminari adjusted her clothing to the best of her ability. With them wet, the fabric was much heavier, especially since she had three layers on. She then made her way over to the horses and tugged lightly on their reins. They began to follow her as she followed Tsubine back to his camp. "I am from Irelia." she answered. She leaned her head to the side, lightly laying it on the horse's face as they walked. With the animal, she looked as if she was with a long-time friend. She also looked as exhausted as she was. If it weren't for the fact that she was walking, she would have fallen asleep by now. The horse's reins were keeping her up as well. "Your horses are larger than the horses of Irelia. They are beautiful." she said in a whisper as she tried to stay awake. "How far until we reach your camp?"

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:50 am

"Ah, that's that uh... island country to the south, right? I hear it's cold a good bit of the year, but it's always got a view." Her being Irelian made many of the scattered pieces click in. Irelia was isolated, so it was understandable that they didn't learn English.

Tsubine barely heard her whisper, but he was surprised. What, did they only have ponies in Irelia? Surely not. "And these aren't even Ryshadium. If you're lucky to get one of those beasts to choose you as a rider, you might as well be riding one of those 'Elephant' creatures from the East." Tsubine would be glad to have the extra horses. They could be sold, used for food, or even used for carrying supplies. "We'll be there in about ten minutes."

Tsubine spoke about Kalanar's beaches and the oysters that lived around here to keep her occupied. The camp he was talking about was obviously not for two people. There was a single tent, a single bedroll, and a horse tied to a nearby palm tree. Tsubine took the reigns from Kaminari and tied the other horses to trees as well. "In the large bag, you'll find some clothes in there. They should work until yours get dry." Tsubine started lighting the fire, and threw a jacket over his bare torso. It wasn't much, but enough to keep his upper body from being as cold. "You look tired, but try to change before you fall asleep. I don't want my bedroll to be soaked."

Tsubine turned around to see Kaminari had already failed to change. She had fallen asleep against a fallen tree. The white-haired man sighed and shook his head. He grabbed the blanket he used for cold weather and walked over to Kaminari's sleeping form. As he reached down to put the blanket over her, he could feel... warmth. It was like there was a fire muffled inside of a box. He thought she must be running a bad fever. He looked at her, and then at the forest behind them. His lips drew into a line, and he darted in...

A few hours later, Tsubine emerged, a scattering of different plants in his hand. He began to make some of them into a paste, and went over to Kaminari, only to see her wake up about that time. "How are you feeling," he immediately asked. "You seemed like you were running a fever when I put the blanket on you, so I found these herbs..."
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:26 pm

Kaminari's dreams throughout her entire sleep weren't pleasant. Nightmares of the sinking ship and heavy storm made her restless. She woke a few hours later when hearing something approach. Her eyes snapped open and she looked over to Tsubine. The events of the day quickly reformed in her memory and she calmed down. She wiped her eyes and sat up. "Mm... I'm fine." Kaminari looked to the herbs and chuckled, "No, I am okay. I've always been told I radiate heat. The people of my village often gathered in my house during the harsh winters because of it. I've even been used as a heater to save a child who had fallen beneath the ice." Kaminari adjusted her clothing again. They were now perfectly dry and much more comfortable to walk in. "We're in Kalanar, right? I need to get to the main city; I am unsure of it's name, but I need to get there. Can you point me in that direction?" She stood up and looked around the area, confused by her surroundings.

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:19 am

Tsubine relaxed as he saw that she did look somewhat better. He blinked at what she told him. She could use heat, or even fire, magic? No, such a thing is impossible. "It must be radiating from your good looks." Tsubine smiled at her. He didn't particularly believe her, but he had seen people who were just naturally warmer. She was also from the south. They must have to be warmer with all that snow and ice and yetis. "I think it's a wonderful..." Tsubine tried to think of the right word, "talent if it can be used to save someone fallen through ice."

"No need to rush. You were just in a shipwreck by the looks of it. Stay the night at camp, and I'll take you to High Kalan. We can't get there tonight. We'd be lucky to get to Ophinaka'purota by tonight if we left now. We've got horses, so it shouldn't take more than... four days." He paused. "If you need to get there sooner, I could get us on a barge upriver. It'll cut a day off, since it'll still be moving at night. But I don't know if stepping foot on a waterbound vessel is a good idea."

Whether she wanted them to get to the nearest town or stay the night, Tsubine would follow. He was not going to leave this little lady alone. "So, miss Kaminari. What brings you to Kalanar? And why do you need to go to High Kalan? And where did you get your good looks?" He smiled. He wasn't lying, but a bit of teasing didn't hurt. Especially flattering teasing.

Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:23 pm

Kaminari rolled her eyes at this attempted compliment. There was no need for it. She had done nothing to deserve a compliment either. This man was going to have to learn about timing. He was obviously bad at it. They didn't even know each other, so being flirt with was annoying. She brushed it off and continued on. "It's not really a talent. I was born that way. I'm just warmer than most people and adapt well to the cold because of it." Kaminari shrugged, "It means very little beyond not feeling comfortable during the summer and hating the desert." Kaminari kept silent for a bit when thinking on how to answer the questions he was throwing at her. Part of her wanted to say it was none of his business, but after being helped so much that would be rude.

"I'll think about it." Kaminari was going to think on her decision before making it. It wasn't over whether she needed to get there now or later, but she had to figure out whether she'd rather go alone or with this stranger. He wasn't exactly making a good impression. He helped her, so that was decent of him, but his personality was falling short on her tolerance meter. When he asked about her good looks, her face soured. "Are you kidding me?" she asked with an eyebrow raised and obvious annoyance, "Look, that smile isn't going to get you anywhere with me, nor is constant flirtation or any sort of ego, so if that's how you're going to act, please inform me now so I can be on my way. I'd rather not spend too much time with someone like that."

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:24 pm

Tsubine sighed and tapped on something in a travel sack. "I'm sorry. It's not often I see beautiful women anymore. And I thought maybe you'd like to hear soem nice words. I guess I got a bit overzealous." He shrugged. "I'll stop on the flirting, but as for my ego..." Tsubine scratched his chin. "I'll see what I can do, but... I can't promise that I'll be hating myself or anything like that. I take pride in who I am, who I was, and who I will become." Tsubine then thought for a moment. "I'm sorry for offending you. I would be glad to escort you to High Kalan if you will let me."

Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:23 pm

"Stop CALLING ME THAT!" her left eye twitched in annoyance, "It's faker than my Uncle pretending to like my Mom! You sound like every guy my Dad talks about, just wanting to get me to take my clothes off! They're not nice words. They're condescending. You don't even know me! Don't compliment me when you don't even know me!" Kaminari stood up, brushed off her clothing, and began walking into the forest. "I'll make it there on my own, even if I get lost a couple of times along the way. I don't need anyone around just to make fun of me. I'm not dealing with it!" She glared at him and moved in through the trees. She had no idea where she was going, but she wasn't going to say that out loud. He was a frustrating man to say the least.

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:42 pm

"You're going in the wrong direction." Tsubine called out as he followed Kaminari. There was more than a hint of annoyance in his voice. "I don't know how what I said is condescending, but even beyond that, you're right. I [b]don't[/i] know you. I saved you from ravenous bandits, but you're right, I don't know you. So why should I have saved you? Because I'm a decent fucking person. I compliment you because you are nice to look at, no doubt. And I wasn't making fun of you. There are many ways I could, but I won't. Because I'm a decent fucking person."

He inhaled sharply. "Listen. You're pretty to me. I over-emphasized that. At this point, I have no reason to want to see under your clothes unless you need medical attention. I don't know who you are, but I'd like to get you to High Kalan in no worse shape than you are now. Whatever your business there is, it must be important. And getting there from the coast is hard or expensive—or both. Let me get you there safely. After that, we can both go our separate ways."

Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:22 pm

"No, I'm not!" she called back when he called out her choice direction. It was like a child refusing to admit they were wrong. She kept going, but stopped when she realized he was following her. She stopped and looked back to him as he continued on talking. She just stared and stared... and stared some more. "See, that seems more real than what you were doing before. It's nice to see you act like a normal human being over some egotistical asshole talking to some drunk woman  at a tavern." Kaminari said, putting a hand on her hip, "If you are actually okay with helping me, and can continue not treating me like some tavern whore, I would love to have your assistance. Also, thank you. I appreciate being complimented when it doesn't sound so fake. You are a decent person, try to keep this real part of your personality up, okay?" Kaminari' smiled widely and poked at his chest. "So which way is the right way?" she asked and went to stand next to him.

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:11 pm

"Tavern whore?" He actually laughed. "Trust me, I'd be a lot more brash if I thought you anything akin to a tavern whore. But I will definitely keep it in mind, m'lady." Tsubine gave an exagerrated bow and smiled at her widely. He was a smartass, but he was a lovable one. Tsubine motioned back towards the camp. "If we hurry now, we may get the last barge out of Ophinaka'purota. If we don't get there in time for that, I'm sure you'd much prefer an actual bed."

Tsubine pursed his lips. "Besides, I don't think staying by the ocean will be good tonight. I feel a storm coming, and if it hits, we'll be sucked out to sea." Tsubine tugged at his shirt. "If we get to Ophinaka'purota, we might also be able to find you some clothing too. I'm sure you don't want to just have the one outfit. I mean... I can survive with just one or two, but I'm not a woman and I know how some of you can be when it comes to your outfits. You didn't answer my question though. Why are you going to High Kalan?"

Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:54 pm

Kaminari bowed right back, mimicking his motion with a little more attitude. She giggled and nodded. "Okay, I'll follow your lead then." Kaminari said as she checked her weapons, the katana and wakazashi. She hesitated for a moment when he asked his final question. She looked up to him and then away. "I would prefer that information stay with me for now. I still only just met you..." Kaminari sighed, "And since I'd rather not lie, I ask you to not ask until I'm ready to say and have figured out whether I can fully trust you with such information... It's personal and that's all you should need to know now." Kaminari looked back to him. Her expression was hard and unyielding. There was something important that she was keeping from him, but she hoped the fact that she refused to lie and just told him to leave it be for now would be something he could accept. She felt sort of guilty since he was being rather helpful, but it was her business and hers alone. "So... Which way?"

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:05 pm

Tsubine gave a shrug so casual, it would make a cat jealous. "Just let me know if it's going to get me killed or something, or if I can help you when we get there." Tsubine understood the need to keep secrets. He had many, many of his own. "I won't ask or anything about it until you feel like telling me. I do plan on getting to know you on our trip to High Kalan."

Tsubine changed his shirt into armor while riding towards Ophinaka'purota. He only put the armor over his shirt, but it was still impressive. It was gilded in shining gold and silver, his swords matching. It took two hours, but they reached Ophinaka'purota before the last barge could leave. Tsubine quickly sold the horses, and bought them tickets for a barge leading to High Kalan. Curiously, none of the town signs said "Ophinaka'purota." They said "Ophirus" instead. When Tsubine said the name he called the town aloud, a few people scowled like they had bitten into lemon masquerading as an apple.

Throughout their trip through town to the riverside docks, Tsubine was overly-polite and formal to Kaminari. It only furthered the scowls when he spoke his name for the city. Tsubine motioned for Kaminari to board the barge first. "Ladies first." No matter who got onto the barge first, the two were on their way before too long. "So, what's it like in Irelia? I've been to many countries here on the continent, but I never got a chance to visit your land."

Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:14 pm

Kaminari just smiled and nodded. They went on their trip and Kaminari was deep in thought for a while before he began talking. The name of the town he kept saying was a tongue twister for her, so she practiced saying it. She started noticing the glared she got from people, but she assumed it was because of where she was from. She shrugged it off. But then he said it and she saw those same glares. Was it because of the town they were going to. He asked her about Irelia while they were on the barge, but Kaminari ignored the question. She tugged on his shirt a bit, "Why do people keep glaring at you? Are you saying that name weird? They glared at me too, but I thought it was because where I'm from. I've heard the people here don't like foreigners, but that doesn't seem to be the case... I'll answer your question after that, if you don't mind... I'm just confused."

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:22 pm

Tsubine looked out onto the river. He sighed, and pursed his lips. "You're not from here, so I guess you wouldn't know." Tsubine inhaled deeply and hesitated. He turned back to Kaminari. "I am Tana'Kai. We are the native people of Kalanar. We were here before Kalanar was Kalanar, and was instead Uli'Tekanaki. This town was called Ophinaka'purota far before it was Ophirus. It's the town's true name. The Kalani do not like it when the Tana'Kai speak of the time before. I," Tsubine forced a smile, "just don't give a damn what my countrymen think. We all bleed red. I hope that answers your question."

Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:35 pm

"Huh." Kaminari blinked. She was both surprised and impressed by this new bit of information. She nodded and smiled, "Alright then." Thinking back to his question, she took a moment before answering. "The country is beautiful... It's got a few forest areas, but is mostly valley. Like you said, the weather is much cooler down there. Snow falls heavily through the winter and the summers are pretty comfortable. We don't get the heat waves that other places get because of how close to the ice we are... The people there are independent, stubborn, strong-willed, and traditional. A lot of the time they're almost too traditional, constantly sticking to the old ways and trying to keep out the influence of other cultures. It's not working as well as they like and that's actually causing a lot of problems. The women are tired of being oppressed and treated like nothing more than an item to be used for reproduction and house maintenance, so it's causing quite a few uprisings. The men there can't stand the idea of being equal to a woman..." Kaminari began eyeing Tsubine, wondering what his reaction to this was going to be. He seemed so different than most of the men in Irelia. In fact, his general treatment of her was similar to how her Father treats her. She actually enjoyed seeing that.

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:01 am

Tsubine nodded along. It was as he had heard for the most part. Except about the women starting an uprising. That caused him to pause. He looked thoughtful for a moment. "Your country sounds as beautiful as I've heard it from travelers. Your men sound a lot more idiotic than I've heard though. Seems like women like you are the smart ones in your culture." He smiled a wide smile. He wanted to compliment her again, but forced it back. "If Shira were around, she'd laugh at any man that'd try to keep her like an item. She was the strongest woman I knew. A man couldn't kill her. It took an infection to bring her down..." Tsubine spoke wistfully about her. It was like a student talking about their favorite teacher who had recently retired.

"Only the high nobility in Kalanar treat women like that, but those women are stupid—or pompous—enough to enjoy it. We Tana'Kai encourage women not to be warriors, but we will not prohibit one from joining a band. Rall Elorium is a matriarchy, so their women are treated better than their men. I heard one of the barbaric countries to the east doesn't prohibit slavery, so a good chunk of their women are forced into unsavory practices..." Tsubine shook his head disapprovingly. "I think women are prettier to look at than men, but I know they can be just as deadly with a sword," Tsubine glanced at Kaminari's waist, "...or two."

"Oh, I have a question. Is it true that Irelian names always have a meaning of some sort? If so, what does yours mean?"

Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:51 pm

Kaminari only shrugged over the comments toward her country or rolled her eyes at them. She highly disliked the men of her country. Everything else was merely taken note of. The name "Shira" was tossed to the back of her mind in case it came up later. The rest about Kalanar and Tana'Kai were no more than interesting facts to her. She treated them like she was being taught by some sort of tour guide and just nodded along. When he commented about women being deadly, she smirked as she saw him glance to her own weapons. "Um... No, not all names mean something. I don't know who told you that." Kaminari raised an eyebrow, "Some of them do, but a name is just a name in the long run. I mean... I know mine has no special meaning."

The night came and went. Kaminari didn't feel comfortable in this little hut that they were going to be stuck in. She barely slept during the night. Probably just an hour from dawn, Kaminari finally fell asleep when she couldn't handle being awake anymore. She was sitting up, her head hanging, and her arms crossed along her chest. When she woke, it wasn't because she had enough sleep. Instead, it was from a sudden jerking motion when the barge came to a stop. Her eyes snapped open and she immediately grabbed her katana and wakazashi, ready to fight anyone who caused problems, if that is what needed to happen.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:02 pm