The Emerald Archive

This is an open prompt role play site where you create the story, the world, and the rules of your thread. No limits and everything comes from your imagination.

Staff

Top posting users this month

Latest topics

» The Time World: A Journey Across Time and Space
Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:16 am by Kriemhild

» The Old World: A Rising Shadow [private]
Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:18 pm by Silim

» The Foreign World [Private]
Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:32 pm by Serenity

» The New World [Private]
Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:51 pm by Serenity

» Kamen Rider Spirits [Private, 1 spot open]
Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:08 am by Silim

» The Modern World [Private]
Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:04 am by Serenity

» Kamen Rider Spirits Campaign Discussion
Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:59 pm by Raiki

» The New World [Plot Discussion]
Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:56 am by Kriemhild

» The Closed World [OPEN]
Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:11 pm by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 191 messages in 20 subjects

We have 8 registered users

The newest registered user is abojama

The Foreign World [Private]

Tsubine
    Admin

Re: The Foreign World [Private]

Post by Tsubine on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:07 pm

Tsubine was disappointed that he was wrong. He had it on good word that it was true. But what he was most disappointed in was that Kaminari's name didn't mean anything. He really would have liked to known what it meant. The fact it didn't mean anything was just something that dampened his excitement about foreign culture. The next morning, Tsubine was jostled awake by the ship stopping. Bells and whistles began to call out to one another, forming the second most annoying alarm clock ever. Tsubine grabbed two wrapped-up swords and booked it outside. The barge was not moving. Neither was the one in front of it. The other one was, unfortunately, on fire. Tsubine cursed and beat on Kaminari's door. "Kaminari, wake up. There's been an accident, and we need to get out of here."

As the two left the ship, Tsubine looked back at them. He pursed his lips, hesitated, and cursed as he ran back aboard. He helped the last of the people off of the flaming barge, and then drew his swords. One began to glow a bright blue and the other a soft silver. "Stand back!" Tsubine yelled at the people around him. And then... the flaming barge was pushed away with the swing of one sword. It shuddered, and Tsubine brought the second sword downward. The barge then split in half, caving in on itself. He looked to Kaminari as he hopped off of the barge. "You're okay, right?"

Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:40 pm

Hearing Tsubine's voice calmed her down, so she immediately exited. She looked to him and then around to see what was going on. When she saw the fire, she stared for a moment before following him off the barge. As he went back, she attempted to grab him, but missed. "What are you doing?!" she shouted out worriedly. She watched him help people off the boat, but as the fire began to spread, she was becoming more worried. "Come on!" she shouted to him, wanting him away from the danger, but he drew his sword. "Wh... What are you doing?!" she shouted, watching wide eyed as he cut the barge in half with glowing swords. He came over to her and she was looking at him like he had completely gone insane. She looked around at everyone else and grabbed his arm. "Let's go." she said before fleeing, pulling him along as quickly as she could. "What the hell was that!?" she asked as she came to a sliding stop and made a 180 toward him. "What you did back there. Are you insane?! What was it!?" She asked in anger, shock, and in panic as she caught her breath.

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:31 pm

Tsubine was more than a little shocked when Kaminari yoinked him away from the onlookers. She was surprisingly strong. Then again, Tsubine was caught off-guard. He nearly stumbled to the ground, but caught himself only barely. "You could be a bit more gentle, ow..." Tsubine rubbed his arm as she stopped. He was about to say more when Kaminari snapped at him with quite a few different tones in her voice.

Tsubine blinked, and he looked confused for a moment. Then he smiled. It wasn't mischevious, egotistical, or happy. It was smug. It was that smug "Oh, I know something that I can tell you about" smile. "Shardbreaking." Tsubine heaved his two swords into their sheathes. "It's nothing I do, but what these two swords do. Of course, not just anyone can wield them like I did. I've bonded with them, so they only react to me. One cuts the air, the other cuts space." Tsubine shrugged as if it were as clear as that. "I used one to push the flaming barge away, and the other cut the space it was occupying. Nothing to it."

"As for my sanity..." Now his smile turned wicked and mischevious, and he held it for a moment before bursting out into laughter. "I'm as sane as any former kni—soldier. I've got a bit of a temper and a numbness to killing, but overall, I'm fit as a fiddle." Tsubine flexed, then yawned. "Suffice to say that I don't think either barge will be taking us to High Kalan. The one we're on will probably take is to the next town about thirty miles from here, but it'll be limping along... It might just be quicker to walk it. You up for a bit of legwork?"

Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:07 pm

The more he explained the more Kaminari looked confused. She eyed the swords, then him, but her confusion didn't fade. For a few moments, she almost looked disgusted, like she really thought he had gone absolutely nuts. She didn't understand the magic. She didn't understand how he could be so casual about this. And then he began to laugh and some how it calmed her down and she realized something. The people back at the barge didn't see too surprised either. "It's... not illegal here?" Kaminari tilted her head, "Magic... Is magic actually legal here? In Irelia, it's seen as an act against god or a curse. Those cursed can often be cleansed but if you're willing to use it, then you're... you're just playing God. How could you do that?" She actually took a step back from him. "How could this country even allow such things to be practiced?!"

Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

Tsubine was stunned at Kaminari's outburst. Magic? Illegal? Have you ever tried to cage a mage? It just doesn't work. They could blast the wall out, freeze it, mind-control a guard, teleport out, use telekinesis to grab the keys, or any number of tricks to get out of a cell. You just can't make magic illegal. But apparently it was in Irelia. He looked genuinely confused for a moment, like how she was when she saw what he could do."I wouldn't really call it 'legal,' but it's not like there's anything prohibiting it..."

"So, it's a religious thing." Tsubine nodded thoughtfully. "Mmm, I can see the argument there. But I think that way of thinking is wrong. That barge that was on fire, did you see what it was carrying? It was fertilizer. A new artificial one from Rall Elorium. One spark hits a single container..." He made a gesture with his hands showing an explosion. "Boom. An entire town gone. That barge had four containers of it. If you're saying I'm playing God, that may be so. Or maybe I was following His will. If we had not gotten on that barge, this river would be impassable for weeks. Everyone on both barges would have died. I saved every person I could on both of them."

Tsubine hesitated for a moment. "It's like a... well, sword. A sword is a sword no matter who holds it. If it's on a wall, it's a sword. If it's in a picture in a book, it's still a sword. What matters with a sword is why you wield it. Magic is the same. You can have all sorts of powerful magics within you and use them for good and healing. Someone with the same magics can also do evil with them. They're the exact same thing, but they're being used for such vastly different purposes. I think God would rather approve of how someone uses a tool rather than approving of the tool itself."

Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:32 pm

Kaminari had been taught one way her entire life. The chance that this would change her mind was low, but it did get her thinking. Irelia had so many stupid traditions and laws that outlawing magic might have been among them. He did just use his abilities to save people, so why couldn't others? It's like saying you need to outlaw a sword because some people might use them badly. He was right. Logically, he was right about all of it. She didn't know how else to handle this, but she was able to calm down. "I see..." was all she said and she still thought to herself for a few seconds more, "I thought they were going to start chasing you over it. The people back there... If we were in Irelia, you'd have the Yun'Kai after you, the Irelian police force... I believe is how it would be described." At that moment, she had just revealed that her actions were actually in defense of him. She didn't want him getting into trouble, even if what he had just done scared the shit out of her. She nodded and looked around. "I can... Let's... Let's go." she rubbed her head waiting for him to lead the way.

End Chapter One

Chapter Summary: Tsubine rescued Kaminari from three men on the beach after she was shipwrecked. He took her back to camp and allowed her to dry off, finding out that she is hot, as in radiating actual heat. It's something Kaminari has dealt with since she was young. Kaminari's insecurities pushed her to confront Tsubine about his egotistical and seemingly "fake" compliments. After agreeing to travel together, they take a barge to High Kalan and find out a few things about each other. (See Key Words) In the morning, the barge has an accident and Tsubine uses magic items to save people. This causes Kaminari to panic and pull him from the crowd only to be told that, unlike in Irelia, magic is not considered an act against God or illegal.

Key Words: Illegal, Traditional, Tana'Kai, Shardbreaking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:40 am