The Emerald Archive

This is an open prompt role play site where you create the story, the world, and the rules of your thread. No limits and everything comes from your imagination.

Staff

Top posting users this month

Latest topics

» The Time World: A Journey Across Time and Space
Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:16 am by Kriemhild

» The Old World: A Rising Shadow [private]
Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:18 pm by Silim

» The Foreign World [Private]
Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:32 pm by Serenity

» The New World [Private]
Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:51 pm by Serenity

» Kamen Rider Spirits [Private, 1 spot open]
Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:08 am by Silim

» The Modern World [Private]
Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:04 am by Serenity

» Kamen Rider Spirits Campaign Discussion
Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:59 pm by Raiki

» The New World [Plot Discussion]
Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:56 am by Kriemhild

» The Closed World [OPEN]
Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:11 pm by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 191 messages in 20 subjects

We have 8 registered users

The newest registered user is abojama

The Modern World [Private]

Serenity
    Head Admin

The Modern World [Private]

Post by Serenity on Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:05 am

The Modern World

Thread Rules
    1. Adhere to the site rules as stated here: Site Rules
    2. Replies do not need to be extremely long. Instead, keep them condensed and avoid fluff and useless information. Posts can even be one or two sentences long if there isn't anything a character would do or say.
    3. Keep extremely short 2-3 sentence replies to a minimum. If this is repeated, you've done something wrong with your character. Social interactions are going to be strong in this thread.
    4. Posting Headers/Images are allowed as long as they're not massive.

Thread Prompt

The world of this role play is the modern world that we live in. Things will change as time goes on, but for now characters are normal humans with absolutely no special powers or abilities.

Your character is part of a group of friends that originally met online. You've all decided to save up money over a six month time period to finally meet after talking for about five years. Everyone has claimed to have saved up the money and the trip is being planned. The group of friends is meeting in Southern California at the Ontario Mills Mall because this is around the area where the majority lives. They are meeting at the GameWorks arcade at 3:00pm. The entire plan is to take a week to hang out and go different places and see the sights since not everyone is from California. However, things take a strange turn and the trip may be called off...

I'm hoping for at least three other people to join this thread. One of these people need to be a female character, for reasons you will see in the introduction below.

Ages Of Characters: 18-30

Introduction

Anyone who is intelligent is always extremely careful about the things they put on the internet. The people you meet aren't always nice or honest about who they are. The idea of a teenage girl being lured in by a thirty year old man is a common thought, and something that often occurs. Unfortunately, incidences like this cause paranoia, even when the person you want to meet is trustworthy. Alex was wanting to embark on her own mission to meet quite a few of her online friends, but her family just didn't get it. She talked to these people almost every day for five years and only now was she finally able to meet them. She successfully saved up a large amount of money to make sure she could get there, have fun, and even get home all on her own if something went wrong. Now that the day had finally arrived, the previously approving parents were freaking out about her going through with this.

"You're not going to go meet some so-called friends at The Mills." her mother repeated for the tenth time. That was too bad. Alex had already had her things packed, her money ready, and her friends were on the way to pick her up. "So, they're supposed to be coming here now?" her mother asked.

"I figured it would be easier if you met at least one of them, and she's female, so you don't have to freak out about it." Alex looked to her phone as a new text came in, "She's coming up the street, so you when meet her you won't be worried about something so stupid anymore. I've never been a bad judge of character and I'm paranoid about this shit already... If I'm this adamant on going, you'd think that you'd understand that I obviously trust them enough and have thought it over... I'll be fine. I would like to just meet my damn friends."

"Yes. You've been a good judge of character, but that doesn't mean we have to feel comfortable with you going off for an entire week with people you haven't met until now." Alex's Grandmother chimed in with a worry filled tone.

"I'll be fine. Jus-..." Alex heard the car pull up and looked out the window. "She's here... Now help me get my things out to the car." Alex picked up the heaviest suit case while her mother reluctantly grabbed the smaller second. The three of them headed outside to greet those who had just arrived.

Tsubine
    Admin

Re: The Modern World [Private]

Post by Tsubine on Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:57 am

Dominic Keys, known more by his username "Knox," was an impatient young man. It's one of the things that his friends probably disliked about him, but it's not like it was just going to change overnight. After all, it wasn't something he applied to friends. Dominic ran on a schedule, and if other people didn't run on his schedule he'd get antsy. Things had to be done on time. Unfortunately for everyone else, his time was a bit earlier than most would like.

Dominic was already at the meeting spot for the car pick-up. He was expecting other people to be early too. But they weren't. Each of them had seen what one another looked like, so they knew who—and what to expect. The recent college graduate from Chicago had paid a pretty penny to get down here, and he was going to make the most of all of his time here. So why was he waiting? Then he realized that he might have been a bit early and sighed. Dominic made so many sacrifices already for these friends. Fifteen minutes wouldn't be too much...

Once he was picked up by the friend with the car, he noticed the other figures in the car beside him. They exchanged warm, friendly pleasant greetings and soon drove off to pick up the last remaining member of the group. As they pulled up to the street in front of Alex's house, Dominic was the first to step out. He motioned for the back hatch of the SUV to be popped and made room for yet another suitcase. Dominic wasn't the first to get to the door, but he was the second. "Alex! Good to finally meet you." Dominic extended his hand in a handshake that was probably a futile gesture—he was probably expecting a hug. Thank God that he could see over the other people, being 6'0 and all. "So this is where you live, huh? I expected something more... green. Not this." He motioned to the house with open arms.

Dai
    Private
    Private

Location : In a Land Down Under (Where beer does flow and men chunder.)

Post by Dai on Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:52 am

Emilia Bianchi de Vespa, or 'Emi' as she liked to be known (her name was kinda pretentious), was particularly proud of her hair. She wasn't sure why, but she found that she had the utmost in desires to keep it as neat and tidy as was possible, because she was sure that it was her most defining feature. Other women had particularly nice bodies, that was for sure--but very few seemed to have the red locks that she wore, and wore well. She probably wouldn't call herself any real synonym of 'vain', but that was her lying to herself. Her appearance was something that she had wanted to make sure she preserved, which was why she worked where she did. Her name, her somewhat-tanned skin and exotic appearance had done her well in her field. She liked dancing, so that was what she did. And in the end, the 22-year old had chosen to wear her working garments on her first appearance with all of these people; she had been living in New York City for the majority of her life, and had elected to take her vehicle down to California. She could have flown, or whatever, but no. She drove. Alex had given her directions to her house, and while she had taken a while to work it out--she wasn't the greatest with directions--she had eventually come across the house. She took a quick look in the mirror and preened herself a little bit, before pulling over to a full stop and unlocking the boot. The car's rumbling was reduced to a soft purring, and she stepped out onto the street and put shades onto her face, spinning around a little bit and stretching. "Gah, cars. Can't live with them, can't live without them.." She laughed as if she'd made a funny joke, before turning around and watching the front of the house with a grin on her face.  Three people were on the doorstep; one that she particularly recognized--"Alex, il mio amico!" She shouted out and waved, trotting happily past the car and moving to help Alex with the heaviest suitcase.

Moving into full view, it was clear just how, er, unusually Emilia was dressed, but just how much she seemed to be comfortable in it. She bowed politely and, using her full name, introduced herself to Alex's mother, and her grandmother. "I am Emilia Bianchi de Vespa, a friend of your daughter's. I understand the, uh..." She tapped her chin for a moment as she tried to work out the word in English, "implications... I think that's the word, of a friendship online--but cross my heart, I am doing my best to be trustworthy. If you must ask after my attire... I work as a, uh... 'exotic dancer' for my uncle's circus. It is no worry, I am pure," she added, knowing that people might be uncomfortable with that term. She waved Dominic over with a wild grin, "Come, do not let these belle donne carry this on their own!"
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:36 am

Name: Alex Marie Jones
    ScreenName: BlueMythicka760

An SUV was what pulled up. Good, there'd be enough room. Alex was a hell of a lot more shy in person than she was on the mic. Insecurities kept her from meeting the one friend that was in her state, even though they weren't that far away. The two that stepped out of the car were only slightly recognized by Alex. She could easily guess who Emi was, but wasn't sure whether that was Knox or not. "Are you sure you want to do this?" Alex mother whispered to her. Alex immediately tensed when she saw the two exit the car. Without looking back, she gave a quick nod as her online friends stepped up and introduced themselves. Emi helped her with her suitcase, recieving a nervous smile from Alex. She shyly waved to Knox as he greeted her as well.

"Well, it's not my house and we're in the desert..."Alex stepped aside as her family stepped forward and spoke to Emi, "Water is kind of... restricted, I guess, so not many people have lawns." Through the neighborhood, most people had wood chips or rocks making up their front lawn. A few had fake grass, but none of it was real. Alex watched the interaction between her family and Emi. She could tell by the looks on her family's faces that they weren't entirely approving of the "exotic dancer", but Alex just waved it off. "Come on, let's get going before I change my mind about this..." Alex hurried toward the car, not letting anyone take her stuff and loaded it up. She was obviously nervous. "I've never been away from home like this, especially with people I technically just met..." she said semi-quietly as she loaded up the car. "To the Mills, right? I'll help you get there..."

About a thirty minute drive to the Ontario Mills Mall. Taking the 15 to the 210 and getting off on 4th to make a right and bam, you were there. Alex loved this place. There were a lot of memories about it, so meeting here made things a bit easier on her mind. It also helped that her parents would know where she was. Alex informed them of where the GameWorks Arcade was and the group took a few moments to find a decent parking place. They had to walk a little farther than people usually like, but whatever. Now, they just had to sit and wait for the final friend to arrive. "Do you think he's already here? Didja get any texts from him?"

Illthion
    Private
    Private

Post by Illthion on Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:29 am

It likely wasn't a surprise that they hadn't heard anything from their missing member yet.  Nickolas James Donnavahn, better known to most of his friends as Leo (a general shortening of his screen name) was never quite the best about keeping in touch with people, which wasn't to say that he drifted away from people or anything; long term, he was pretty good about keeping in contact actually.  It was short term he had problems with.  Both online and off.  It wasn't uncommon for Nickolas to leave his phone on his bedside table...or in his car...or in his bed...or in the bathroom...or in the kitchen...or on the couch...or(-you get the point).  Maybe you'd think that he'd be better about it today, a rather important day.  Today he met some of his closest friends, even if they were online friends.  He'd cleared most of his week (though he'd certainly planned on introducing these people to some of his other friends that they'd interacted with over the years whether they liked it or not), made plans to be out and about, and generally had indeed prepared for today.  All that included though, he'd completely forgotten to charge his phone.  Better still though, his car charger had gone and made itself scarce sometime in the last few days.

Thus is how we arrived at our current situation; Nickolas sitting in one of the restaurants inside the Ontario Mills Mall proper, sipping the Coke he'd ordered a few minutes prior and using the newly purchased charger to bring his miraculous device back from the dead.  This probably wouldn't have been such an issue if he hadn't saved the numbers for his friends on his phone instead of committing them to memory like a smarter person.  What could you do though?  So he sat, and drank, and plinked away with pencil and paper at the sheaf in-front of him.  He was working out his next project; a short story he'd been toying with for somewhere in the neighborhood of six years.  It was a story set in a world most familiar to him, since he'd been imagining stories in said world for over a decade.  He didn't think about that part though; it was strangely startling to think about.

He checked his watch; they'd probably be close by now.  He'd known when they'd show up from a decent estimation of traffic and travel times (assuming people were on time, which he could guess at least Dominic would be), and had made an effort to be here early.  A true marvel for him.  He'd been lucky in that aspect at least; he'd ended up having something to do what with needing a new charger and all.  A quiet walk of the Mills after that had yielded one of his favorite pastimes.  People watching.   Seeing the different people walking down the rows; some carried prizes wrested from the shops around, some talking with friends, some dragging kids, and so on.  He'd come to the Rainforest Cafe after a while, and feeling the familiar pangs of caffeine addiction stirring, had stopped in for a drink; both for himself and his dead phone.

He put down his pencil and pressed the power button on his phone, bringing the device back to the world of the living once more.  It wasn't quite thirty texts...but it was close.  He scrolled through the messages; most where the delays he'd accounted for, and the last one (time stamped about thirty seconds prior) was a notification that they had in fact arrived.  Phone was at 45% battery; that should be enough for the time being.  He unplugged the phone, pocketed both it and the charger, swept up the rest of his things, and made his way down the pathway.  Time at long last to meet these people he'd called friends for so many years.
    Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:55 pm

It was a shame that none of them had real grass. Naperville was full of green grass, especially around where he lived. Knox was a little annoyed that Alex didn't let him help load her stuff into the car. He did help her move the suitcase atop his own since it was pretty high up there. His usually frowning face turned into a smile as he opened the car door for Alex. "I hope you'll help us get there. I don't think either of us," he tilted his head towards Emi, "know how to get there."

This was almost like Chicago traffic. Almost. It was worse. A. Lot. Worse. Knox spent most of the trip mumbling to himself and giving vague hand gestures of "what are you doing" to drivers he determined to be idiotic. Knox didn't mind the walk to the arcade side entrance. He pulled out his phone, quickly did a tap-tap-tap-tap on the screen, and shook his head. "No, no texts. Knowing him, his phone is probably somewhere inconceivable." Knox sighed. Leo was a cool guy. But holy crap did he need to remember where his phone was. "If we don't see him within a few minutes of getting there, I'll text him."

Getting closer to the mall, Knox's expression turned contemplative. He actually had a comparison of what this place seemed to be like. "For some reason, I was expecting an indoor mall. Sort-of like how Chicago has Navy Pier. A shame you guys don't have a ferris wheel like Navy Pier does. We might be able to use that to spot our late friend..."

Dai
    Private
    Private

Post by Dai on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:39 am

Emilia Bianchi de Vespa
    Screen Name: Ultimaora

Their vehicle pulled up, after what was actually about forty-five minutes of driving ("Stupido traffico può andare all'inferno!") and Emilia stepped out onto the tarmac, putting a hand over her eyes. It was definitely warmer here than in New York, and it certainly wasn't Italy. Her footsteps clattered excitedly on the ground, and she spun a little bit. "I do not get to see much of this kind of thing. It's always at home, or at the circus with uncle. Never getting to do anything with people. It is so boring!" She frowned for a moment, before turning toward her friends and smiling brightly, "But to see you all is a wonderful thing. Even if Nick refuses to answer his dannato phone." She chuckled and stretched outwards, turning back towards the building and falling in step to let Alex lead the way. "For some reason, I was expecting an indoor mall. Sort-of like how Chicago has Navy Pier. A shame you guys don't have a ferris wheel like Navy Pier does. We might be able to use that to spot our late friend..." She shrugged and continued to move toward the door, not really noticing all of the looks that her particular attire was garnering. She was used to them, after all, and when one had a body like this, well. One had to use it. She smiled brightly and hummed a soft tune, making her way to the entrance pointed out to her. It was such a strange looking place, and if she didn't know any better she would never call it a mall. She'd turn to look at Alex and Knox, tilting her head, "So where are we supposed to find the lazy one? I have forgotten to put his number on my phone for the fifteenth time. Bad habit." She proffered an apologetic smile.
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:10 am

Sometimes stubborness went a long way. For Alex, it wasn't working. "I [b]have been texting him. I've kept him updated on our location since we left my house." she explained as she closed her phone for the two-hundredth time. "He hasn't answered me back..." It was then that worry struck and she pulled her phone out again. She typed out another text really quickly. It read: "Okay, lots of texts, I know. I'm paranoid. Are you alright, though? Did you make it here okay? You haven't answered a single one of my texts. I swear if you forgot your phone when we're going to be out for over a week, I'll kill you." With a sigh, she put her phone away, knowing she was going to take it out again within the next ten minutes, especially if it didn't finally ring out. "I don't know how we're going to find him. We don't even know if he's here yet." she said as she walked over to a metal bench, "Let's just wait until we hear something. If he takes too long, we'll freak out then." As if she wasn't freaking out now...

Illthion
    Private
    Private

Post by Illthion on Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:22 am

Nickolas exited the malls and swept his gaze around the parking lot that, already, was full of people.  Considering it was a nice day out by California standards, it was hardly surprising that people were looking to be out and about.  He let out a huff.  Then he saw them.

Well, if we're being accurate, he saw her.

In his defense, Emi did sort of stand out in a crowd, even at distance.  For a California native, Alex's dress was also somewhat conspicuous given the weather.  It also wasn't the slightest bit difficult to discern which one of them was which.  Even if they hadn't all traded pictures prior to this week beginning.  If you knew their personalities, you could pick them out standing side by side.  This meant that the man walking close by to the lot of them would be Dominic.  

Seeing the lot of them walking down the aisle as cars drove past them and people milled about gave Nickolas an idea.  An idea that he couldn't help but let bring a small smile to his face.  So he kept walking, slipping in with the crowd of people exiting the Mall.  They were headed for the aisle next to where the group of friends was walking down, so he walked along with them until they had passed the slow moving group of friends.  Then he darted through the parked cars into the next aisle.  He slowed from his furitive run to a quiet walk, though he kept moving quick enough to slip up behind them.  As he did, he picked up pieces of the conversation.

Alex pulled out her phone and began to hammer away.  A few moments later Nickolas felt his phone buzz in his pocket.  Looking every bit like he belonged there(perheps aided by the fact that he in fact did belong, he pulled out his phone and checked the message.

"Seriously, that inconsiderate ass-hat is always late to everything." he said, speaking up from just behind the group as he closed the phone after having just sent a message that read 'Oh, I'm around.'  Once the rest of them had turned to look at him, he gave them a cheery smile.
    "Except this time, since I've been here for almost an hour. Phone was dead; needed a new charger."
    Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:49 am

"Much to my chagrin, he'll show up when he shows up." Knox said through a sigh. Leo was the only guy friend Knox had out of the group. He had other friends (not many, mind you) but they didn't get this group's in jokes or anything of the sort. "He might be slow, but he's reliable. If he said he'll be here, he'll be here. Even if he is late." Knox spat out "late" like a hair in one's soup.

Knox had to keep himself from jumping when Leo chimed in. He inhaled deeply, rubbed his temples, and turned around. His face was dull at first, almost disapprovingly so. But then his face warmed into a bit of a smile. "For once, you're actually earlier than I am. Good work." He stuck out his hand in the style of greeting he was gradually getting used to. Handshakes were always something he sucked at, but going into a business world meant he had to learn how to shake someone's hand. "Good to finally meet you, Nickolas."

"So, about that arcade..."

Dai
    Private
    Private

Post by Dai on Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:15 am

Emilia Bianchi de Vespa

"Seriously, that inconsiderate ass-hat is always late to everything." A smile crossed Emi's face, and as she turned to see the male that had turned up, she would turn around and bring him into a tight hug with a yell of happiness, "Leo!" She was all bright and excitable around him, her friendliness towards him apparent. An hour, huh? That really didn't surprise her, though the fact that he had his mobile around him was actually something of a surprise to her. Knox, unsurprisingly, was particularly blunt about his approach to Leo's arrival. "For once, you're actually earlier than I am. Good work." She chuckled and stretched, agreeing loudly with Knox's want to go to the arcade. "We're here, we need something to do!" She twirled in a circle and laughed loudly, stretching outwards in the sun. "Please, Alex, Leo, lead the way!~"
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:26 am

Alex jumped like always. She was easily scared and this was something they knew. She turned around to Leo and watched as Emi immediately greeted him in her very friendly manner. Her phone buzzed and she pulled it out to read the text. The phone was quickly snapped afterwards, but was accompanied by a small smile and a shake of her head. "Hello, Nicky." Alex greeted him with a bratty smile. Yes, she knew him as Leo, but that wasn't what his name was. Unless he started calling her Mythic or Blue, like she was originally called, his rather feminine nickname "Nicky" wasn't going anywhere. This was her way of picking on him, since he always did it to her.

"The arcade..." Awesome. That would be the first stop and probably Alex's only stop. She slipped her hand into her left pocket and pulled out an old GameWorks card. She looked to Nicky with a smirk and then to to the two had never been here before. "Come on!" Alex grabbed Emi's hand and pulled her excitedly along. Alex lead them into the arcade and over to a certain machine. "Gotta do it. Gotta do it. Gotta do it..." Alex muttered under her breath almost unconsciously. "It's not here... What the fuck!?" She almost shouted in anger. She spun around multipe times, even looked up toward the upper deck. It wasn't there, obviously. Who takes that upstairs? Morons.

"There is is!" She spotted it across the way, closer to the mini-snack bar that never seemed to be open when she was here. The machine was DDR, Dance Dance Revolution. There were two of them, but Alex chose the second. She slid her card and it activated. "You guys get your cards over there. I just want to get this over with. I don't come to the Mills without doing this. Ever. It's tradition." As if she had done it a thousand times before, Alex started up the song "Healing Vision" and looked to the others as the beat got started. A slow beat and a ^ > unison arrow slid up the screen aaand she jumped and the song went on. A serious of "perfects" and "greats" came on the screen as Alex stepped to the beat. Wasn't a "hard" song by DDR standards, but...

Illthion
    Private
    Private

Post by Illthion on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:17 am

The variety of greetings and reactions to his arrival was...about as interesting as he had expected when you got right down to it really. Dominic stuck his hand out to shake as he remained stoic, but was cut off by Emi who pulled Nickolas into a rather exuberant embrace that did a good job of attracting a lot of attention. While returning the hug with one arm he managed to snake the other out, returning Knox's greeting with a firm handshake of his own. He broke apart from Emi as he smiled at the lot them, though he did shoot a look at Alex in particular for her comment. In his defense, Alex had given him an opportunity that you just didn't really come across very often. Of course he'd had to make use of it. But fine, if she wanted to start that game.

"Well hello to you too, Alexis," he said with a quick smirk before moving directly on to greeting everyone else. They were all quite the sight standing in the middle of the road, talking and laughing and so on.

Then the arcade was mentioned, and all hope was lost. Alex grabbed Emi and all but sprinted towards the storefront and the arcade. Leo gave a shrug, and followed along at a much calmer pace as he explained how Gameworks worked to Knox. While he did he contemplated what games he actually wanted to play, and just how much money he wanted to pay. It was well known that while Gameworks was a fun place to hang out, it was equally well known that it was a tremendous money sink in the long run. With a group of friends though, it was a grand time and so this should play out to be a blast.

It didn't prove particularly difficult to keep track of the girls as Alex be-lined from one location to another, annoyance and confusion and glee mixing in her mannerisms and expressions. Her hunt for the specific machine was somewhat entertaining to watch as she continued to all but drag Emi around the place in her hunt; it wasn't surprising either, since Alex's DDR obsession was a known factor. She finally found the machine she was seeking, giving an almost literal jump of joy before telling them to go get their cards while she did this. Nickolas, for his part, sat down on a nearby stood; he hadn't heard all about this just to walk away when they were getting to the good part. If anyone asked him about it, he'd say as much; that they'd all heard about how much Alex liked this game, and now it was finally time to see if she could live up to the expectations.
    Tsubine
    Admin

Post by Tsubine on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:29 am

Knox listened intently as Leo explained how Gameworks worked. He had been to arcades himself, but it had been nearly a decade since his last trip. The truth was, this was one of the first blasts of "fun" he would have in quite some time. It wasn't like he was sitting around on the computer with this group all the time and not doing anything—but the last two years had been hell on him. Getting his degree was a pain in the ass he now knew was worth it in the end.

Being able to see over some of the machines (and other people) allowed him to keep sight of Alex and Emi. When they got to the machine Alex was frantically searching for, Knox almost sighed in relief. DDR was something Knox had wanted to try in the past, but he was never quite confident in himself to try. It didn't help that he didn't even like most of the songs in the DDR machines. As he and Emi made their way over to acquire their cards, a bit of nostalgia hit the Chicagoan. "Last time I was at an arcade, you got tokens, not cards." He took his card and almost smiled as he returned to the group. The line was long enough that he got back as Alex finished her song. "At least this is easier to keep up with and carry compared to the old 'cup of coins.'"

Knox honestly had no idea what he wanted to do in an arcade. There were a lot of games that caught his eye, but they didn't stir quite enough attention for him to pounce at it like Alex did to DDR. He'd just see what the rest of the group was feeling up to.
    Dai
    Private
    Private

Post by Dai on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:19 pm

Emilia Bianchi de Vespa

An Arcade? This was something that Emi had never really had the chance to experience. Her mother was particularly serious about Emi working and not really going off to enjoy herself outside of her computer--any other things were seen as a detriment to her mind and flexibility. She was not allowed many friends in the city, and essentially refused any chance at unbalancing her diet. Quite frankly, there were some foods that Emi had never actually had the chance to try! Eventually, after exploring the area for a little bit and getting her GameWorks card, she came across the prizes. Sweets. Soda. Things that mother would kill her for trying to purchase. But mother wasn't here, was she? Looking at it, she had certain thresholds of currency that she would earn by playing the games... and it was all making sense for her. She got some credit onto the card, and then immediately went back to where Alex had been. See, Emi was a dancer. And this game, this game was all about dancing. A confident smirk crossed her lips as she stepped onto the platform and swiped her card.

Three minutes later, she stepped off of the platform disappointed. A losing score flashed on the screen, and she gave Alex the expression that was only usually seen on a hurt puppy. "But I'm good at dancing... why could I not keep up with it?"
    Serenity
    Head Admin

Post by Serenity on Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:04 am

"How old are you again?" Alex raised an eyebrow as she heard Knox's comment about the arcade. She hadn't remembered the last time any arcade used tokens. Well, if  you excluded Chuck E Cheese. Finally the game was found and Alex went on  her dancing rampage. She didn't really care if someone joined her, but Emi did and didn't seem to get the hang of the game. As the third song ended, Alex jumped off the arrowed platform as if she had been refreshed and was ready to tackle the day. Hearing Emi's question, Alex just smiled and shook her head. "It's called a dancing game, but it's really not. You're only matching your steps to the arrows on the screen. There's no hip movement, fluidity, or real rhythm behind it besides how many times your feet hit to the back beat of the song... You're an actual dancer, not a rapid stepper."

"Alright. Now that I have that out of my system, I'm up for doing whatever you guys want. That's just a tradition of mine... Have to play at least once every time I come to this mall." Alex explained as she began showing the part of herself these guys new from the mic. The shyness this all started with was fading as the fun set in. "So what are we wanting to do here? I have no problem hanging out in the arcade for a while... OH..." She pointed to Nick, "We should show them that candy store, if it's still here. The one where you pay for everything by the pound? And maybe even eat at the Rainforest cafe... That'll be good, though I've never eaten there before... Just walked by and tossed a penny at the alligator... So, your guys' choice."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:27 am